Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Hello Everyone

I would say I am confused and would better get clarification here from experienced folks. Its quite nostalgic to come back and login after so long . I was a consistent contributor to this forum while my PR was in progress and helped as much as I could post my PR . Hope to get back guidance on question I have .

I have attained my PR status in 2014 and now I am thinking to apply for citizenship . I want to get clarification around submitting proof to substantiate that me and my partner can listen and speak at least one of Canada’s 2 official languages English or French.

What are my options if i don't want to give IELTS as i have proven my skills by giving CELPIP long back for my PR and doesn't have handy with me even though its expired along with that i have been an IT professional and its already been here in Canada around 10 years including my temp worker status and I guess i have proven already my skills in english or ability to speak or listen the language as required .

Please let me know what are the viable options from below , please share your experiences if you haven't added IELTS score , what option did you went with ?

1. Can me and my wife can send our Professional Degree certificates to prove it
2. Me and my wife are working with one of the Top five banks from last 4-5 years and our day to day communication is in English , I have heard from one my close friends that we can write a letter explaining the same and its also acts as a proof .

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hello Everyone

I would say I am confused and would better get clarification here from experienced folks. Its quite nostalgic to come back and login after so long . I was a consistent contributor to this forum while my PR was in progress and helped as much as I could post my PR . Hope to get back guidance on question I have .

I have attained my PR status in 2014 and now I am thinking to apply for citizenship . I want to get clarification around submitting proof to substantiate that me and my partner can listen and speak at least one of Canada’s 2 official languages English or French.

What are my options if i don't want to give IELTS as i have proven my skills by giving CELPIP long back for my PR and doesn't have handy with me even though its expired along with that i have been an IT professional and its already been here in Canada around 10 years including my temp worker status and I guess i have proven already my skills in english or ability to speak or listen the language as required .

Please let me know what are the viable options from below , please share your experiences if you haven't added IELTS score , what option did you went with ?

2. Me and my wife are working with one of the Top five banks from last 4-5 years and our day to day communication is in English , I have heard from one my close friends that we can write a letter explaining the same and its also acts as a proof .
Here are some official links that may be helpful.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=571&top=5

**NOTE: If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

**REF: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hello Everyone

1. If you've completed a professional degree from an institution where the language of instructions/exams was English, you should be fine.
2. You may also provide a letter from your current Canadian employer (or your boss) who can testify your English (listening, reading, writing, speaking).

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
1. If you've completed a professional degree from an institution where the language of instructions/exams was English, you should be fine.
2. You may also provide a letter from your current Canadian employer (or your boss) who can testify your English (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
point 2, where did you get this information? I mean I do not remember seeing anything like this as proof of language in the official website. Do you mind sharing the source of this info?

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
point 2, where did you get this information? I mean I do not remember seeing anything like this as proof of language in the official website. Do you mind sharing the source of this info?
I mean, this letter may be an additional/support document (optional) to confirm English proficiency.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I mean, this letter may be an additional/support document (optional) to confirm English proficiency.
I see, better not confuse the OP or any future applicant. If he has a degree in English that should be enough as per the application guideline.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hello Everyone

1. Yes, you can, just make sure you have a letter from the university that the medium of instruction was in english, thats what i did, and it worked, because in transcripts, its not usually written that medium of instruction is english, anywhere on the degree or transcript, so you need a simple letter, which the university can give, easily.
2. I dont think so a letter would hold any value, as this is not accepted as per official information available, so a bad idea,

But what you can do is give CELPIP (LS) exam, thats accepted by IRCC, its only speaking and listening, can do it pretty easily you need very less markes to qualify, also, you can use your OLD CELPIP also i guess run through this wizard to find out.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
1. Yes, you can, just make sure you have a letter from the university that the medium of instruction was in english, thats what i did, and it worked, because in transcripts, its not usually written that medium of instruction is english, anywhere on the degree or transcript, so you need a simple letter, which the university can give, easily.
2. I dont think so a letter would hold any value, as this is not accepted as per official information available, so a bad idea,

But what you can do is give CELPIP (LS) exam, thats accepted by IRCC, its only speaking and listening, can do it pretty easily you need very less markes to qualify, also, you can use your OLD CELPIP also i guess run through this wizard to find out.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers !
Thanks , Point 1 is not feasible for me , Not sure I am in situation to get letter from university . Point 2 reason shared coz on of my immediate friends who are citizens used this option and was accepted but i am also bit reluctant to go this path .

Has any one got CELPIP General test records that has been expired , Do they share the old records ? I remember the results came online and these folks have sent the results to us but instructed to keep it sealed and send as it is to immigration .

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Thanks I reached for my CELPIP test given way back in 2013 , Below is response i received from them post asking to share my old test results .

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we keep the results of the CELPIP Tests on file and valid for up to two years after the test date. Since your CELPIP Test was taken over two years ago, we are not able to provide you with the Official Score Report for that test.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Assistant
Paragon Testing Enterprises I www.paragontesting.ca
General line: 778-327-6854 | Fax: 604-253-1287
Toll free (within North America): 1-800-958-5186
www.celpip.ca | FAQ page: https://www.celpip.ca/faqs/

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
Hello Guys,

I am applying for citizenship via online process .I want to submit my secondary school certificates and university degree as proof of English . However, under proof of language option online, there is no option for secondary/ Degree certificates submission for english. How do we submit our certificates for proof of English ?

Thanks Every one

Jagjit