+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Language proof for Citizenship

swaruphere

Sep 6, 2017
Hi All,

I need your help to guide me for my Citizenship application. In order to show English language proof for Citizenship Do I need to take the IELTS?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards
Swarup

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
You may submit your expired IELTS score copy which you might have used during your immigration process.
Else, you may submit your degree/ diploma course which you did through the medium of English.
Otherwise, you will have to write your IELTS or CELPIP exam to prove your english skills.
There are other ways to prove your basic english skills as well.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Not that if you didn’t take a test for PR, the requirements for citizenship are much easier than PR. Easier as in cheaper and more limited to take too (only need
scores on speaking and listening).

But if you have other proof from say education that’s also good. If you have any that is.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for citizenship. I am a graduate (B.E. in Computer Science) from India. The language for the course was in English, like most other degrees in India. I did not take any English test for my PR so I do not have any IELTS score.

I have my college transcripts and Bachelor's certificate in English. However none of them mention that the course was in English medium. My Secondary (Grade 12) certificate does however mention that the course was in English. Given the Covid situation it is difficult for me to get another letter from my institute abroad which mentions that the course was conducted in English. For the last 3 years that I have been in Canada, I have worked with Canadian companies which I have mentioned in my application as well.

I have read different views about the proof requirements about the need for an English test or a mention about the language in which the course was conducted.

1. Do you think I can apply with my secondary and B.E certificate ?

2. In case they think that the application is not complete, how long it takes for them to notify it back to me and does it mention about the missing proof of English requirement (if any one has had any experience before) ?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my wife is eligible to apply for citizenship but for she has done her CLB assessment test and got a certificate from there to go to LINC class but she never did go to any English class. Can we use that assessment certificate from Language assessment centre we got and apply for the citizenship .
she has got 4 ,4 , 5 ,5 on her assessment certificate.

Please suggest.
Thank you guys

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
@jc94 can you help advice on this ?

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for citizenship. I am a graduate (B.E. in Computer Science) from India. The language for the course was in English, like most other degrees in India. I did not take any English test for my PR so I do not have any IELTS score.

I have my college transcripts and Bachelor's certificate in English. However none of them mention that the course was in English medium. My Secondary (Grade 12) certificate does however mention that the course was in English. Given the Covid situation it is difficult for me to get another letter from my institute abroad which mentions that the course was conducted in English. For the last 3 years that I have been in Canada, I have worked with Canadian companies which I have mentioned in my application as well.

I have read different views about the proof requirements about the need for an English test or a mention about the language in which the course was conducted.

2. In case they think that the application is not complete, how long it takes for them to notify it back to me and does it mention about the missing proof of English requirement (if any one has had any experience before) ?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hello my wife is eligible to apply for citizenship but for she has done her CLB assessment test and got a certificate from there to go to LINC class but she never did go to any English class. Can we use that assessment certificate from Language assessment centre we got and apply for the citizenship .
she has got 4 ,4 , 5 ,5 on her assessment certificate.

Please suggest.
Thank you guys
Just initial CLB assessment for the admission into LINC classes is not acceptable for citizenship application.
You need to show another proof of english language skill that fullfils IRCC requirements.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hi All,

If your 12 grade certificate mentioned that medium of instruction of your education was english then it might be accepted as IRCC also mentioned secondary or post secondary education abroad in english language requirements which covers your 12 grade education.
My relative also submitted 12 grade certificate with english as medium of education certificate from Pakistan as he was unable to appear in the Celpip or ielts test due to covid-19 issue.
He applied last month and waiting if IRCC will accept his application.
If IRCC send you AOR it means they have accepted your docs. They may ask for more docs at the later stage though.

Reactions: stavan2003

Greecman

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
If your 12 grade certificate mentioned that medium of instruction of your education was english then it might be accepted as IRCC also mentioned secondary or post secondary education abroad in english language requirements which covers your 12 grade education.
My relative also submitted 12 grade certificate with english as medium of education certificate from Pakistan as he was unable to appear in the Celpip or ielts test due to covid-19 issue.
He applied last month and waiting if IRCC will accept his application.
If IRCC send you AOR it means they have accepted your docs. They may ask for more docs at the later stage though.
Did ircc accept your certificate please?