+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Language Proficiency Document

vandan shah

Aug 10, 2019
Hi There,

I have been living in Canada for the last 7 years and now I am in the process of gathering documents for my citizenship application. While gathering documents, I encountered an issue that I may require your assistance with:

I took my IELTS and CELPIP examinations (both in 2016) for Permanent Residency application. But unfortunately, I didn't get enough scores in CELPIP so I had to use my IELTS score while documenting for PR application. Presently, my IELTS test result document (which I submitted for PR application) is missing and so is the electronic copy. Also I cannot order another copy of the test result as it is no longer in the 2 year validity period.

For citizenship application, minimum criteria for English Language proficiency is CLB level 4, which I did received in my CELPIP test.
Now my question is; Is it OK to submit my CELPIP test result for Citizenship application considering that it is no longer valid and also that I didn't submit it at the time of the PR application? (I know that if I had IELTS result still on hand then I could submit it even though it is no longer valid. I want to confirm the same for CELPIP test)

Please let me know so that I could apply for my citizenship more confidently!

Warm Regards

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi There,

I have been living in Canada for the last 7 years and now I am in the process of gathering documents for my citizenship application. While gathering documents, I encountered an issue that I may require your assistance with:

I took my IELTS and CELPIP examinations (both in 2016) for Permanent Residency application. But unfortunately, I didn't get enough scores in CELPIP so I had to use my IELTS score while documenting for PR application. Presently, my IELTS test result document (which I submitted for PR application) is missing and so is the electronic copy. Also I cannot order another copy of the test result as it is no longer in the 2 year validity period.

For citizenship application, minimum criteria for English Language proficiency is CLB level 4, which I did received in my CELPIP test.
Now my question is; Is it OK to submit my CELPIP test result for Citizenship application considering that it is no longer valid and also that I didn't submit it at the time of the PR application? (I know that if I had IELTS result still on hand then I could submit it even though it is no longer valid. I want to confirm the same for CELPIP test)

Please let me know so that I could apply for my citizenship more confidently!

Warm Regards
Hi there,

You CAN'T submit the CELPIP which is already expired. They only accept the expired one if you use that one to submit for your PR application before.

I believe you can retake the test and submit the new one to them. another option is if you stay in Canada for 7 years already and have gone to Canadian school, just submit the transcript to them. That's fine too.

Hope that help, all the best!