+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English exam for dependent

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
alexchristi said:
Mr VIP member, please don't post unverified and untrue information.
Please read the guide.

The straight forward solution is CELPIP. If you try to send all kind of certificates which are not mentioned in the guide, your application could be returned and you will loose time, money and most important, sleep.

Good luck. 8)
alexchristi, did you read my post what I said??? If not, read it again.......................

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
thecoolguysam said:
alexchristi, did you read my post what I said??? If not, read it again.......................
??? ???
My apologies guys.

I read only the bold part.
Again, really sorry for my less than elegant posting. :-[

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
thecoolguysam said:
I think "If you have a current job in Canada, a letter from your boss and or your colleagues as to your proficiency in the language and your job description and the requirement for fluency in the language would serve your cause. " is not a valid option. The instruction guide does not state anything about it and I highly doubt if cic will accept it as a language proof.
What I meant was this along with the certificate from the University that all the education was in the official language..., I have also said the easiest option is to get the third party score and nothing else...the meaning changes when you take away sentences and see it in isolation... context matters...
Again, third party score is the easiest and safest way to show language competence...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cprak0 said:
What I meant was this along with the certificate from the University that all the education was in the official language..., I have also said the easiest option is to get the third party score and nothing else...the meaning changes when you take away sentences and see it in isolation... context matters...
Again, third party score is the easiest and safest way to show language competence...
But still, letter from employer about language proficiency does not make any sense to me and will not make sense to cic as well. CIC is looking for formal education credentials.

Important part is the information as per the language proof in the instruction guide.

If someone is submitting a degree/diploma from the university then they can get a letter from the university stating that the language of instruction was english which may help the applicant.

Else the applicant can do IELTS General, CELPIP G, CELPIP G LS etc etc as per instruction guide.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
thecoolguysam said:
But still, letter from employer about language proficiency does not make any sense to me and will not make sense to cic as well. CIC is looking for formal education credentials.

Important part is the information as per the language proof in the instruction guide.

If someone is submitting a degree/diploma from the university then they can get a letter from the university stating that the language of instruction was english which may help the applicant.

Else the applicant can do IELTS General, CELPIP G, CELPIP G LS etc etc as per instruction guide.
The formal proof would be University transcripts in English, let's say from India, from a University. Since the transcripts/ degree certificate
does not explicitly say that the instruction was in English, you include a letter from the University (I don't consider this is a formal),
so if you also included a letter from an employer, let's say, you are now a professor teaching students in English here in Canada (so a letter from your Department Head). Don't you think this letter now would carry more weight than a letter from an arcane University back in India which the CIC officers have never heard of?!!...

Again, the third party score is easily obtained and is the easiest and most uncomplicated way...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cprak0 said:
The formal proof would be University transcripts in English, let's say from India, from a University. Since the transcripts/ degree certificate
does not explicitly say that the instruction was in English, you include a letter from the University (I don't consider this is a formal),
so if you also included a letter from an employer, let's say, you are now a professor teaching students in English here in Canada (so a letter from your Department Head). Don't you think this letter now would carry more weight than a letter from an arcane University back in India which the CIC officers have never heard of?!!...

Again, the third party score is easily obtained and is the easiest and most uncomplicated way...
I got a formal letter from my university/institute stating the medium of instructions was English.
Professor teaching English is a good example however what about a person working at a gas station or some other stores?

I have not heard of people attaching letter from employer regarding this. Most of the work environments are either English or French. Adding the letter you have stated may or may not help. It's a extra added advantage however the main degree/course done is the one which CIC is going to consider. CIC is looking for formal education. That's why CIC has the minimum score rating for IELTS/CELPIP etc in the Instruction Guide.