+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Diploma

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Is anyone familiar with the International Baccalaureate diploma?
I have this one from my highschool, it says is bilingual, it also specifies english and spanish as languages.

Anyone knows if this will count as proof for language?
I really appreciate any comments :)

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Is anyone familiar with the International Baccalaureate diploma?
I have this one from my highschool, it says is bilingual, it also specifies english and spanish as languages.

Anyone knows if this will count as proof for language?
I really appreciate any comments :)
Do you have a copy of your ielts? Did you go to school, college or university in Canada?

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi
I never had to do IELTS.

I went to bilingual school in Mexico. I got the international baccalaureate diploma which is a diploma written in english and spanish that says I completed bilingual highschool.

That diploma allowed me to go to RMIT university in Australia. They never asked for IELTS since this diploma was enough.

I have transcripts from the university in austraila but no diploma since I never graduated.

I was hoping the international baccalaureate diploma would be enough for proof...do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!

mambopoa

Jun 12, 2018
I did the IB program as well and while it is highly valued i was told that i will still need IELTs to prove that i knew English but i also provided my degree from a university in Canada so i didn't need to do the IELTs.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks..I still cant find if this is valid proof. Does anyone know if I can try and if for some reason they reject it do I have enough time to take the IELTS? Or the application is rejected?
Hope someone can advise, thanks

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Degree or diploma from foreign university is accepted as proof if english for citizenship if supplemented with transcript showing medium of instructions is English.
There are other options like LINC if you do not have above and us pretty much free.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi

Thanks, Im sorry, Im still confused.

Instructions say: A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English.
The international baccalaureate is this and is accepted internationally. However I cant find if they will accept it for sure or not. Is there any way to find this information?

If for some reason I apply and is not accepted will I have a chance to take another test?

If I already know english will the cheapest option be CELPIP-G test? Or anyone has a suggestion?

Thank you so much!!

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
I submitted my Degree certificate(abroad) and I got AOR on 23 oct , application was received on 10th august.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Degree or diploma from foreign university is accepted as proof if english for citizenship if supplemented with transcript showing medium of instructions is English.
There are other options like LINC if you do not have above and us pretty much free.
Hi,

Is transcript a must-have supplement to diploma? I have a diploma from US and still need a transcript?

Thanks