Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
01-12-2018
hi everyone.
i'm a single manufacturing/industrial enginneer working as production supervisor(packaging), on immigration process, i would like to settle in Ontaio.
my aim is to work at a management position in food industry. (factory manager', production manager, ....).
i know that i'll face some job issues. that's why i'll go back to school soonly. so i'll go for engineering management studies

to be competetive in the job market, which program is better? a master program or a graduate diploma?
can i grant a P.eng designation with such programs?
which shool do you advise among U of Ottawa, ontario tech , winsor university?
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone.
i'm a single manufacturing/industrial enginneer working as production supervisor(packaging), on immigration process, i would like to settle in Ontaio.
my aim is to work at a management position in food industry. (factory manager', production manager, ....).
i know that i'll face some job issues. that's why i'll go back to school soonly. so i'll go for engineering management studies

to be competetive in the job market, which program is better? a master program or a graduate diploma?
can i grant a P.eng designation with such programs?
which shool do you advise among U of Ottawa, ontario tech , winsor university?
thanks
Would do an MBA. Definitely a masters if not an MBA. You still need to get your engineering license in the province where you’ll be working. In terms of food processing the jobs are all over the place and often where labour costs are lower. Would not limit yourself to a province. Go where the job opportunity is the best.

Amatsukami

Jun 27, 2018
Cameroon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
01-12-2018
oh thank you for your answer.
MBA is the best option but the good one are expensive, that's why i was looking for an engineering management degree.
good, I'll consider MBA. please suggest me some business school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oh thank you for your answer.
MBA is the best option but the good one are expensive, that's why i was looking for an engineering management degree.
good, I'll consider MBA. please suggest me some business school.
Will tell you a few to avoid. Canada West, VIU, FDU, etc. Others can add those that I can’t think of at the moment. Eng is a decent option. MBA is a broader degree. Stick to a larger public university. There are rankings online.

Reactions: Amatsukami