javier.ths

Oct 31, 2016
Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Hi all, I recently got my PR and I'm planning to land in Ontario in March 2018. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. So in the meantime, I am preparing my application for licensing with PEO. I need some help on compiling my engineering experience summary.

I've tried to search on this forum and on the Internet, but I couldn't find anything really solid (except for one or two websites). So I hope maybe through this thread, we can pool the tips and advice from the well-experienced immigrants, for the benefit of others.

As mentioned above, my concern is compiling my engineering experience summary. PEO will assess based on 5 competencies:
  1. Application of Theory
  2. Practical Experience
  3. Management of Engineering
  4. Communication Skills
  5. Knowledge of the Social Implications of Engineering
And then, under each of these competencies, there are further sub-points. For example, for Application of Theory, there are:
  • Analysis
  • Design and synthesis
  • Testing methods
  • Implementation methods
Is it okay to write about totally different projects for each of the sub-points? Such as:
  • Analysis: I use my experience from Project A
  • Design and synthesis: I use my experience from Project B
  • Testing methods: Project C
  • Implementation methods: Project D
Thanks in advance.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Is it okay to write about totally different projects for each of the sub-points? Such as:
  • Analysis: I use my experience from Project A
  • Design and synthesis: I use my experience from Project B
  • Testing methods: Project C
  • Implementation methods: Project D
Thanks in advance.
Even knowing PEO is a bit picky, I would dare to say that it should be OK, no one expects you will get all kind of experience in the same job.

As said you'll need at least 1 year of Canadian Experience to get P.Eng designation so you may and should apply for EIT as soon you're here

Please check PEO website for requirements but you will probably need:

- Original University Transcripts in a sealed University envelope (better bring at least an extra copy that could be needed for other processes)

- If language other than English or French a Certified translation is required, better do it in Ontario, so before seal the envelope scan the transcripts)

- Degree certified copy (in Ontario) and certified translation if needed.

- Just in case try to get some work experience letters, for PEO or for potential employers here; references are important here

- Most probably PEO will ask you to course some subjects and/or pass some tests.

- OSPE have some training courses to help preparing PEO application and get and tests. It's strongly recomm3nded to get help from PEO members or OSPE to apply successfully if you're a newcomer.

Good luck in Ontario and with PEO

Reactions: javier.ths