+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Engineer in Training Confusion

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone
I would appreciate if could be answered for one of my queries. I am a civil engr and a graduate from Pakistan. I recently obtained my skilled immigration and am planning to land in Ontario. I was thinking of intiiaitng my PEO licensing thing before i arrive, however, i have a little confusion.

I know PEO has set some rules for obtaining Peng accredtion. With a Pakistani undergrad degree, PEO is certain to assign comprehensive exams. My question is that how does a candidate becomes an EIT? I came to know that as soon as you apply at PEO and if they assign you comprehensive exams (roughly after 40 days of degree evaluation), you automatically becomes an EIT. Is it so? Mind it you haven't cleared any exams yet. With this EIT status, you can do engineering jobs but obviously not equivalent to Peng. This is my understanding but when i look at the BC licensing procedure, they write that in order to become an EIT, the candidate with a non CEAB undergrad degree needs to first clear the exams to academically become equivalent and then he will be given the EIT status. COuld anyone please guide on this.

Considering my case, if i initiate my license from Pakistan and after PEO processes my documents, they assign me comprehensive exams. Suppose i arrive 4 months after their deicision in Canada and as soon as i arrive, can i get the EIT status?

Hopefully i could answered for this confusion. Look forward to get some guidance.

Regards