+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

End of welcome package.

Crelliphit

Jun 10, 2023
Does anyone have the answer to these questions please? I have tried various online sources, looked at the Canadian Government website and asked questions of other immigrants and the answer varies considerably.
I have some friends (not refugees) who are hoping to immigrate to Canada soon. They have been told different dates for the time when the welcome package will end...by this I mean financial/language/accommodation/work etc which all Ukrainians are given upon arrival in Canada with their three year visa? They have been told that this programme for non-refugees will end from any time between January 2024 to April 2024. Obviously this is of significance for them as they will have to make arrangements where they are currently living for the date when they are able to immigrate and receive the package..
My other question, if they have taken advantage of the welcome package (and why wouldn't you?) does that mean you are committed to staying in Canada for the full length of the 3 year temporary visa or can they leave at any time?
I would appreciate any accurate, knowledge based answers to these questions please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone have the answer to these questions please? I have tried various online sources, looked at the Canadian Government website and asked questions of other immigrants and the answer varies considerably.
I have some friends (not refugees) who are hoping to immigrate to Canada soon. They have been told different dates for the time when the welcome package will end...by this I mean financial/language/accommodation/work etc which all Ukrainians are given upon arrival in Canada with their three year visa? They have been told that this programme for non-refugees will end from any time between January 2024 to April 2024. Obviously this is of significance for them as they will have to make arrangements where they are currently living for the date when they are able to immigrate and receive the package..
My other question, if they have taken advantage of the welcome package (and why wouldn't you?) does that mean you are committed to staying in Canada for the full length of the 3 year temporary visa or can they leave at any time?
I would appreciate any accurate, knowledge based answers to these questions please.
I'll help with a few questions.

Hopefully they have already either received their CUAET visas or have submitted their CUAET visa applications. This program has closed to new applications. As long as they applied by July 15th, they are fine. Otherwise it's too late. Those holding a CUAET visa have until end of March 2024 to arrive in Canada.

There are a lot of misconceptions around accommodations support. Accommodations support has never been guaranteed. What is provided could stop being provided any day now with no notice. At most, they should expect to recieve 2 weeks of support after which they will be on their own to find and pay for accommodations. For larger cities (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) accommodation support is often very limited or entirely unavailable. If they are coming to one of these cities, they should assume there will be no accommodation support and they will have to make their own arrangements (and pay on their own as well).

It's up to them to find employment on their own once they arrive.

Crelliphit

Jun 10, 2023
I'll help with a few questions.

Hopefully they have already either received their CUAET visas or have submitted their CUAET visa applications. This program has closed to new applications. As long as they applied by July 15th, they are fine. Otherwise it's too late. Those holding a CUAET visa have until end of March 2024 to arrive in Canada.

There are a lot of misconceptions around accommodations support. Accommodations support has never been guaranteed. What is provided could stop being provided any day now with no notice. At most, they should expect to recieve 2 weeks of support after which they will be on their own to find and pay for accommodations. For larger cities (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) accommodation support is often very limited or entirely unavailable. If they are coming to one of these cities, they should assume there will be no accommodation support and they will have to make their own arrangements (and pay on their own as well).

It's up to them to find employment on their own once they arrive.
Thanks for that information. They already have their 3 year visas so that's not a problem. They want to stay in Toronto so I will warn them about the possible accommodation situation and also employment. To be honest I think they believe the process will be simple. I must say I had my doubts, but also encouraged them to take advantage of the situation. Consequently. I feel a degree of responsibility. They currently live in Florence, Italy and have been there for about 15 years, so I imagine they will find the transition difficult, especially as they have no special skills to offer. I do worry that they will find the process of finding employment difficult, although I have no idea how easy or hard that is in Canada at the moment.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for that information. They already have their 3 year visas so that's not a problem. They want to stay in Toronto so I will warn them about the possible accommodation situation and also employment. To be honest I think they believe the process will be simple. I must say I had my doubts, but also encouraged them to take advantage of the situation. Consequently. I feel a degree of responsibility. They currently live in Florence, Italy and have been there for about 15 years, so I imagine they will find the transition difficult, especially as they have no special skills to offer. I do worry that they will find the process of finding employment difficult, although I have no idea how easy or hard that is in Canada at the moment.
If they are coming to Toronto, the absolute max they should expect for accommodations support is 2 weeks but entirely possible they will get zero when they land at the airport. Toronto has extremely low vacancy rates and high prices and landlords strongly favour those with Canadian credit ratings, employment in Canada, etc. which they won't have when they arrive. This is easily researched.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Here’s an idea price wise of a bachelor , repeat bachelor units I am looking at . These are all either downtown, or midtown Toronto. Price range $2500-$2700/month. And some of these were in a basement of a house .
As mentioned above landlords are extremely picky . They want that credit report , first / last , employment letter , references. This is what I had to provide in my last place . My brother & his wife put together a 40 page biography of their life to rent a one bedroom in North Toronto . It’s like the Hunger Games.

Reactions: Kaibigan