+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Encouraging News regarding PARIS office

littlegatter9

Aug 7, 2008
I just wanted to say with great enthusiasm, that despite all the bad things I have heard about the Paris office, our experience has been great. My husband is Portuguese, and I am Canadian, and we are living in Portugal. I applied to be his sponsor for his PR in December of 2008, and was accepted in Jan. In March of 2009 we received a letter from Paris saying that his PR application process was started, and we couldnt contact them until the normal process time was up (6-12 months). Just last week (May 1) we received the awesome news from Paris saying his PR was almost complete, we just need to pay!! So we are super excited, and I hope this is encouraging news for all those who are waiting to hear from Paris. They are apparently not as disorganized as we were told!

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
happy to hear your good news-I have just paid the pr landing tax for my wife from the philippines-hoping for 6-8 weeks until she's here-what a long crappy wait ;D

littlegatter9

Aug 7, 2008
On that note, does anyone know off hand how long you have to wait after paying the Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) to recieve the PR ?

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I can tell you this.

I am being sponsored by my Canadian wife who sent the application with full medical on March 24th 2008.

E-CAS RSULTS:

SPONSORSHIP:
We received your application to sponsor MY-NAME on April 1, 2008.
We started processing your application on April 24, 2008.
We sent you a letter on July 3, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (APPROVED)

PARIS IMMIGRATION PART:
We started processing MY-NAME's application on July 11, 2008.
Medical results have been received.

So i am still waiting but.
I've received the 1st letter dater July 11 2008
I've received a second letter on January 2009 (Notify sponsor to pay FRPR, & undergo a new medical exam) DONE..
I've received a 3rd letter on Feb 3rd 2009 (send Original Libyan police certificate + additional background information OR decision will be made based on available info after 90 days) DONE within 30 days ..

Now we are passed 120 days, & closing up to a FULL YEAR since the 1st letter of July 11 2008, & I hope It's over soon, or I'll have to make an inquiry after July 11th 2009 FOR SURE...

GOOD or BAD... NO IDEA!! All I can tell is that these guy in Paris seem very busy.... & I AM STILL WAITING :(

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
wawwaw...don't put away the idea that you might be stuck in a background check, that is quite a time to be waiting. Have you considered to have your wife contact her MP and inquire on your file's status, on your behalf? As long as it has been in the local embassy for at least three months, they will inquire without issue [they just hate doing to do it prematurely]. Also, have you considered requesting the CAIPS notes on your file??? The MP would be faster, but the CAIPS are another option if your MP is not as helpful as some are...

good luck

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I will definitely request my CAIPS as soon as possible, but what's an MP?

Sorry I am not familiar with the terminology ...

Thanks.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Your MP is your member of Parliment. They can request information on your file in the field, and I/O's [Immigration Officers] have to reply to them within 5 working days.

You can see who your MP is by going to this site, and plugging in your postal code:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

salam

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks, i just looked it up, & I found ours through the postal code, I am currently with my wife in Canada for a visit, I just asked her, & I think we'll contact our MP.

Any advice about what to say to the MP? & via which mean to contact him/her (TEL. FAX or Email ? )

Thank you.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
At first I was going to suggest you write them [via email] - but after reading your post in another thread. I would go in, and make an appointment to speak in person with your MP. Print that time line out - in case you miss anything lol. They basically need your names, client ID, file number, and consent (verbal, written etc) to initiate an inquiry. You have a history with the CIC - the MP will see that, and hopefully be more helpful.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

salam
rasha

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Quick update:

on the 23rd of June 2009, we went together to the MP's office, the MP's assistant received us, & she was very accommodating & helpful. we explain the story, gave her a letter , & included in 3 annexes:
  • E-cas status printout
  • List of all correspondences with the immigration including dates & a precise description of what was sent & received.
  • My previous history with the visa office of Paris, concluding with the reasons, on why i feel that i was desciminated in the past, & that the current delay is rather concerning

The MP's assistant has sent an email request of status to Paris the same day, & she is awaiting a response within 10 days.
Nothing yet , but it has only been 3 days ... & the MP's assistant is suggesting me to allow 2 weeks, since Paris seems extremely busy during this period. (she says that she kept getting a busy signal from Paris telephone's line) which is unusual for her.

P.S: in 2 weeks, the immigration part of the application would have been in Paris for 1 FULL YEAR! which is the maximum estimated time, for a family case application.