+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment verification

mulullum

Jul 22, 2019
So I just got done with my PR application submission and received e-APR. I wanted to know what stage is IRCC expected to verify my employment claims by calling my office? Is the eligibility stage or the security/background check stage?

Also, any idea if IRCC verifies employment claims by calling the relevant office for every applicant or if it is a rare chance? I have attached the following to make sure any additional verification is not required by the officers:
Reference letters in IRCC format
Offer letters
Appointment letter
Tranfer letters (for transfer to a different location for a different role)
Last pay certificates
Pay slips of all three years
Salary account statements
Joining reports
Relieving reports
Annual tax statements

Anyone thinks IRCC would still verify with this much evidence?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I don't think IRCC will contact your employer unless they have a specific reason for it (e.g. something doesn't add up in your documents).
I only provided a letter from my line manager containing all information requested by IRCC and they never asked for additional documents or contacted my employer. And I was expecting that they may want to do it as my job title is not typical for my NOC (but my duties were a close match).

In short - I don't think there was a need to provide so many documents and I the chances IRCC will contact your employer are very slim.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
In my case, they never called my employer. They only checked my employers’ websites and looked at my supporting documents. I know coz I got my GCMS notes. If you have good documents, you should be ok

Reactions: bkky

bkky

Jan 3, 2024
In my case, they never called my employer. They only checked my employers’ websites and looked at my supporting documents. I know coz I got my GCMS notes. If you have good documents, you should be ok
was it for study visa?

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
I don't think IRCC will contact your employer unless they have a specific reason for it (e.g. something doesn't add up in your documents).
I only provided a letter from my line manager containing all information requested by IRCC and they never asked for additional documents or contacted my employer. And I was expecting that they may want to do it as my job title is not typical for my NOC (but my duties were a close match).

In short - I don't think there was a need to provide so many documents and I the chances IRCC will contact your employer are very slim.
Having a first world nationality already helps a lot though.

Mar 17, 2024
Hello Scorpio,
What do you mean by verifying websites? Did they check when the website was registered ? Or they just wanted to check through website whether the comoany existed ?

jyothisjohn

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-11-2023
I had checked my GCMS notes as well. The notes were written "the authenticity of the employer was verified by web search engine results". So it could be anything, websites, social media pages and posts, marketing etc.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Hello Scorpio,
What do you mean by verifying websites? Did they check when the website was registered ? Or they just wanted to check through website whether the comoany existed ?
They just looked at the company's website to see if it existed. That's all that was noted in the GCMS notes, they didn't do anything else