+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment/Source of income proof for spouse PR

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,

I am applying for spouse PR. Regarding form IMM5589E, page 5, section: 5. Employment/Source of Income. It states the following: "If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week."

I am on contract as a self-employed contractor with one company. They don't cut my taxes for paying me, they cut the CPP and EI.
I have an offer letter and paycheck details. what all do i need to submit to prove the source of income/ proof of employment?
Do I have to submit a letter separately from my employer with the salary details/contract will do ?
I am not being able to login to CRA for now.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Use aa notice of assesment or option c for last year. If you had no income for last year, write a letter explaining how you supported yourself.
I came to canada in August 2019. So i was working last year but in India.

I will explain this entire detail in a letter format ?

NarendarM

Apr 13, 2019
AOR Received.
29-05-2019
Hi @Tech_girl123 , I am also same situation, i came to Canada recently from India and No Tax proof of Canada last year. I am working as Contractor and I just had agreement between employer and my incorporation and not running any payroll.

May I know what all documents you have provided to clear Employment/Source of Income section.