+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employment reference letter not dated!! Please help

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi

My employment reference letter is not dated. My employer has missed it and is not ready to change it! I do have the mail correspondence date from the hr when they had sent me the letter in my mailbox. Will this help or is this a challenge with the date not mentioned?

Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi

My employment reference letter is not dated. My employer has missed it and is not ready to change it! I do have the mail correspondence date from the hr when they had sent me the letter in my mailbox. Will this help or is this a challenge with the date not mentioned?

Thanks
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Letter to be dated, is not a mandatory requirement. If you are still uncomfortable then you can request your HR to put a date next to the signature.

Good Luck!

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Only if it's your current job it needs to be dated
Well I left this job back in 2014 and got the letter recently in May this year but the hr didn’t mention any date on the letter?? Should I attach the mail though which proves they sent me in May

Thanks

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Letter to be dated, is not a mandatory requirement. If you are still uncomfortable then you can request your HR to put a date next to the signature.

Good Luck!
Yeah I will check with them but I don’t think they will do it!!!

Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Well I left this job back in 2014 and got the letter recently in May this year but the hr didn’t mention any date on the letter?? Should I attach the mail though which proves they sent me in May

Thanks
does the end date in your letter state the 2014 date, then the letter need not be dated

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016

Thanks
I think as long as ur job tenure is mentioned on theref letter, it shud be fine. Plus u may add in LOE this story and the email from HR.
See if they are ready to put a rubber stamped date and may be sign across, that shud do it.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
VO: Montreal Stream: Express entry FSW
AOR: Oct 3, 2019.
Eligibility - recommended pass.
Criminality - Pass
Security - Not Started

I got my GCMS notes yesterday, found the below notes on my file.
>>
Cannot confirm work experience for <company name> as the employment letter is not dated." PA lost 4 FSW Points and still meet the minimum score required for the FSW score.

A11.2 - Appears Met
FSW Minumum Requirement - Appears Met
R76: Selection criteria - FSW Points.
Funds: Appears Met
FSW points - 70
Ready to finalize RPRF - Complete
Experience - 11 FSW points (lost 4 here)
>>

From all the above shall I submit the employment letter again OR keep the application as it is? Cause the eligibility is "recommended pass."
Also if I want to submit the new employment document what should be the web form category ??

Any thoughts ??

Jan 8, 2020
Hi

Thanks
Did you get your PR?

Jan 8, 2020
VO: Montreal Stream: Express entry FSW
AOR: Oct 3, 2019.
Criminality - Pass
Security - Not Started

I got my GCMS notes yesterday, found the below notes on my file.
>>
Cannot confirm work experience for <company name> as the employment letter is not dated." PA lost 4 FSW Points and still meet the minimum score required for the FSW score.

A11.2 - Appears Met
FSW Minumum Requirement - Appears Met
R76: Selection criteria - FSW Points.
Funds: Appears Met
FSW points - 70
Ready to finalize RPRF - Complete
Experience - 11 FSW points (lost 4 here)
>>

From all the above shall I submit the employment letter again OR keep the application as it is? Cause the eligibility is "recommended pass."
Also if I want to submit the new employment document what should be the web form category ??

Any thoughts ??
Is it your current experience? Did Cic count your this experience or reject it?

Reactions: smit109

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Is it your current experience? Did Cic count your this experience or reject it?
Those experience points were excluded from the total CRS points claimed. Also for this particular employment section I got "Review required" from analyst review.
I had to submit an explanation letter with the new employment letter to get it resolved. I believe this "Review required" added couple of months of delay to application processing. After the "Review required" note was removed from the second officer .. I got my PR within 1 month.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
That's not true. Every employment letter needs to be dated. I have faced "Review Required" issue for the job which I have left 5 years before the application.

Below are the guidelines I got as response from CIC -

Each letter of reference/workbook must include all of the following:
  • - All job positions held and corresponding dates of employment;
  • - Your actual job duties/responsibilities for each position;
  • - Be dated and signed by the referee.
- The number of hours you worked each week, if the position was not full-time;
  • - The physical location of the company/business; and
  • - The name and direct contact information of your supervisor or manager.
  • (2) Proof of salary, including at least 3 pay slips per year of employment, supplemented by bank statements showing deposits of these earnings.
  • (3) Medical / social insurance documents showing employer name and contribution history for the entire period of employment.
  • (4) Any additional information you feel may benefit the SINP in the verification of your work experience.

Jan 8, 2020
So previous year's
Those experience points were excluded from the total CRS points claimed. Also for this particular employment section I got "Review required" from analyst review.
I had to submit an explanation letter with the new employment letter to get it resolved. I believe this "Review required" added couple of months of delay to application processing. After the "Review required" note was removed from the second officer .. I got my PR within 1 month.
Thanks

Jan 8, 2020
That's not true. Every employment letter needs to be dated. I have faced "Review Required" issue for the job which I have left 5 years before the application.

Below are the guidelines I got as response from CIC -

Each letter of reference/workbook must include all of the following:
  • - All job positions held and corresponding dates of employment;
  • - Your actual job duties/responsibilities for each position;
  • - Be dated and signed by the referee.
- The number of hours you worked each week, if the position was not full-time;
  • - The physical location of the company/business; and
  • - The name and direct contact information of your supervisor or manager.
  • (2) Proof of salary, including at least 3 pay slips per year of employment, supplemented by bank statements showing deposits of these earnings.
  • (3) Medical / social insurance documents showing employer name and contribution history for the entire period of employment.
  • (4) Any additional information you feel may benefit the SINP in the verification of your work experience.
Thanks

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Hi, congrats on getting PR. Just a follow up, do you mind sharing a gist of what did you put in your explanation letter? And your employment letter only missed an issuance date? The rest meets IRCC requirements (e.g., job duties, salary, work hours, etc)? Lastly, was the employment letter that’s review required from your current and ongoing employment or from previous work?
I had the same note on my GCMS saying that my employment letter was not dated.
Thank you!
Hey guys, when you resubmitted your employment letter, did you backdate it to the day it was signed or did you do a present date?