+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter for postdoc

samira_afzal

Aug 20, 2019
Hi all

I have just finished my Ph.D. and I have postdoc acceptance. There are three requirements listed below:
Employment Reference Letter
Letter from Current Employer
Employment Records

Since I was Ph.D. student for four years should I get such a letter from my supervisor? and should I submit this letter to all those three requirements? (the same for all?) could you please guide me?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi all

I have just finished my Ph.D. and I have postdoc acceptance. There are three requirements listed below:
Employment Records

Since I was Ph.D. student for four years should I get such a letter from my supervisor? and should I submit this letter to all those three requirements? (the same for all?) could you please guide me?

Hi samira, it would be very helpful for me if you share with me your timeline acceptance?
i am still waiting for mine and i am on the 4 weeks of my submission.
i should start on january 2020. do you have any idea if sending them an email or contacting them is okay ?
we are normally eligible for the two weeks processing right?

samira_afzal

Aug 20, 2019
Hi samira, it would be very helpful for me if you share with me your timeline acceptance?
i am still waiting for mine and i am on the 4 weeks of my submission.
i should start on january 2020. do you have any idea if sending them an email or contacting them is okay ?
we are normally eligible for the two weeks processing right?
Hi daf450,
I submitted my documents on 15th October and yet there is no reply from the Canada embassy about the situation. My job offer starts from 1st December which means it is passed! I contacted the CIC and they replied to me that the processing time depends on the number of applications. So, I am still waiting! On the CIC website for me that I am applying from Brazil, the time estimation is 8 weeks.

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi daf450,
I submitted my documents on 15th October and yet there is no reply from the Canada embassy about the situation. My job offer starts from 1st December which means it is passed! I contacted the CIC and they replied to me that the processing time depends on the number of applications. So, I am still waiting! On the CIC website for me that I am applying from Brazil, the time estimation is 8 weeks.
thank you for your response, can you please tell me on which number or email did you contact them?
For my case i am submitting from Morocco in the websiite it is indicated 19 weeks! which is insane! i thought we, as post doc are eligible for 2 weeks processing time?

samira_afzal

Aug 20, 2019
thank you for your response, can you please tell me on which number or email did you contact them?
For my case i am submitting from Morocco in the websiite it is indicated 19 weeks! which is insane! i thought we, as post doc are eligible for 2 weeks processing time?
I sent it to this address "SPALOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca". I don't think the processing time for postdocs would be for two weeks. Generally, two weeks are for whom travel as tourist/ conferences or students. I think our case would be longer because it needs a work permit with more details to check for eligibility!

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
I sent it to this address "SPALOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca". I don't think the processing time for postdocs would be for two weeks. Generally, two weeks are for whom travel as tourist/ conferences or students. I think our case would be longer because it needs a work permit with more details to check for eligibility!
thank you!
i really hope we can get a response as soon as possible,i wish you all the best.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have two designations in the organization I have submitted as part of my work history. In the pre - ITA stage, I had submitted it as one entry with the latest designation.

But now since I needed to indicate my personal history in detail, I was thinking whether I should include both my designations as separate entries in my work and personal history? The roles and responsibilities were same as mentioned in the reference letter as well.

The documents I was thinking of uploading (which I currently have)
1) Reference letter which has the last designation
2) Joining letter which has the first designation
3) Promotion letter
4) Resignation letter
5) LOE explaining this in detail including the change from pre-ITA stage

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi daf450,
Hi samira did you get a response for your work permit ?
it would be helpful to know your timeline and if you got any response yet?

do you think the timeline for online application is totally different from the paper one which they put on the cic website?

thanks

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hi samira did you get a response for your work permit ?
it would be helpful to know your timeline and if you got any response yet?

do you think the timeline for online application is totally different from the paper one which they put on the cic website?

thanks
Hi, Did you applied for the work permit?

pdramerico

Feb 14, 2020
Hi all

Employment Records

Hi samira_afzal,

I'm applying now for a postdoctoral research fellow and have the same doubt. Did you use the letter from your supervisor? Did it work?

Thanks