Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)
I have reference letters from each position that includes hours worked, salary, benefits etc. - do I still need to submit pay stubs as well? It says "if you have them" but I don't know if they tend to request them anyway. Generally, I don't save those. And I won't have enough time before my application is due to try and get copies of all of them!

Thanks! :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not required and not asked for by CIC or provinces at any point in time if reference letters clearly indicate that it was paid work experience.

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Not required and not asked for by CIC or provinces at any point in time if reference letters clearly indicate that it was paid work experience.
Is that to say a reference letter is sufficient? Even for jobs done in Canada?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Encore said:
Is that to say a reference letter is sufficient? Even for jobs done in Canada?
Yes. Provided the reference letter has all details required by CIC.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
Excellent! Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
I have reference letters from each position that includes hours worked, salary, benefits etc. - do I still need to submit pay stubs as well? It says "if you have them" but I don't know if they tend to request them anyway. Generally, I don't save those. And I won't have enough time before my application is due to try and get copies of all of them!
First - do your reference letters state job duties and responsibilities? If not, they will not be of any use.

Second, you want to make the VO's job as easy as possible. The "pay stubs" are an example of proof of income - for work in the USA, you probably do have copies of your 1099s (a "cumulative" pay stub) which is even better than reams of old paystubs. For Canada, it's the T4. CIC cannot "require" you to submit tax documents, but again... my advice would be to make it as easy as possible for the VO...

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
jes_ON said:
First - do your reference letters state job duties and responsibilities? If not, they will not be of any use.

Second, you want to make the VO's job as easy as possible. The "pay stubs" are an example of proof of income - for work in the USA, you probably do have copies of your 1099s (a "cumulative" pay stub) which is even better than reams of old paystubs. For Canada, it's the T4. CIC cannot "require" you to submit tax documents, but again... my advice would be to make it as easy as possible for the VO...
They do state job duties and responsibilities, yeah.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
If one of my letters doesn't state the physical address, but states the company's P.O. box where they receive mail is that fine? That's the address that's in their letterhead. Or would I have to go back to them and have them edit it to put in the physical address as well?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
If one of my letters doesn't state the physical address, but states the company's P.O. box where they receive mail is that fine? That's the address that's in their letterhead. Or would I have to go back to them and have them edit it to put in the physical address as well?
Not a problem assuming that organization has some online presence where the officer can find their physical address and other details, if required.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem assuming that organization has some online presence where the officer can find their physical address and other details, if required.
Great! Thanks!