+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Records do not mention the Number of hours worked/week

srimanta

Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have been a regular follower of this forum and have got an ITA on the April 12th draw.

I was employed full-time with TCS for almost 5 years and I also have got the Skill certificate from them mentioning the roles/responsibilities etc. However, this document doesn't indicate the number of hours worked/week (though the document mentions that I had been employed full-time) and they are not willing to add this data.

What could be a likely solution for this issue? There are some articles on reputed Indian newspapers declaring that the number of hours/week in TCS is 45. Can I add those articles as evidence?

Thanks in advance everyone.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I think you are fine - with full time being written in the letter.

They will never indicate it - especially an IT company. It may have implications for them - especially if there are fixed contracts, etc and time sheets

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
It depends on the VO whether the VO is going make issue with the weekly hours. One of my friends got PR recently whose Experience letter did not mentioned the weekly hours. So, I think you are fine.
srimanta said:
Hello Everyone,

I have been a regular follower of this forum and have got an ITA on the April 12th draw.

I was employed full-time with TCS for almost 5 years and I also have got the Skill certificate from them mentioning the roles/responsibilities etc. However, this document doesn't indicate the number of hours worked/week (though the document mentions that I had been employed full-time) and they are not willing to add this data.

What could be a likely solution for this issue? There are some articles on reputed Indian newspapers declaring that the number of hours/week in TCS is 45. Can I add those articles as evidence?

Thanks in advance everyone.

srimanta

Apr 13, 2017
sam_dawkins said:
It depends on the VO whether the VO is going make issue with the weekly hours. One of my friends got PR recently whose Experience letter did not mentioned the weekly hours. So, I think you are fine.
Thanks a lot!