+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Record v Record of Employment

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just completing my EE application and have contacted my former Canadian employers re reference letter and each of them are wondering if a Record of Employment is sufficient?

I presume not otherwise CIC would have specifically stated this?

Many thanks ;)

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
rosesuperted said:
Hi guys,

Just completing my EE application and have contacted my former Canadian employers re reference letter and each of them are wondering if a Record of Employment is sufficient?

I presume not otherwise CIC would have specifically stated this?

Many thanks ;)
Get the reference letter in the right format and also business card of the person who will be signing. Also, get the payslips from your previous employers. I assume you already have the exit documents from all your previous employer(just in case needed).

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
My question related to this is, are letters that are dated more than one year ago acceptable as work experience letters? Would I need to get new letters of reference for my previous employers?

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GSherriff said:
My question related to this is, are letters that are dated more than one year ago acceptable as work experience letters? Would I need to get new letters of reference for my previous employers?

Really good question. I just e-mailed all my employers again to request new documents to make sure the documents I have meet all the list of requirements set out by CIC.