+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Location on Open Work permit....

Loki_Storm

Jun 30, 2017
Dear all,

I am currently in possession of my Canada work permit and wondered if you could clarify something for me. Whilst the Occupation/Profession is specified as OPEN the Employment Location is specified as CHARLOTTETOWN. My issue is I am not likely to be working in Charlottetown. Does my visa restrict where I can work?

I was granted the open work permit as my partner is studying in Charlottetown this coming September but it is only a small place and I will most likely be working in Halifax or even somewhere further away.

Any info will help. I am currently back in my native UK and would like to know the answer before flying the family over.

Kind regards.

shashipandeyy

Aug 29, 2017
Dear all,

I am currently in possession of my Canada work permit and wondered if you could clarify something for me. Whilst the Occupation/Profession is specified as OPEN the Employment Location is specified as CHARLOTTETOWN. My issue is I am not likely to be working in Charlottetown. Does my visa restrict where I can work?

I was granted the open work permit as my partner is studying in Charlottetown this coming September but it is only a small place and I will most likely be working in Halifax or even somewhere further away.

Any info will help. I am currently back in my native UK and would like to know the answer before flying the family over.

Kind regards.
Hello,

Did you finally make the change in your work permit? I have the same issue with my work permit.

Regards,
Shashi Pandey

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Dear all,

Kind regards.
Please can you help how you changed the employment location presently I am in the same situation and staying in Charlottetown

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Responding to a 5 year old post. What do your conditions say on your permit (not the location)? You are on an open work permit, correct?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1414&top=15
Hi

Yes I am on spouse open work permit

In my work permit they mentioned

Employer : Any

Employment location : Charlottetown

I am staying in Prince Edward island

Seems employment location also should be any so that can work any where in Canada .

So I need to change the employment location in my current work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

Seems employment location also should be any so that can work any where in Canada .

What do your conditions say, not location?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

You are accompanying your spouse on an OWP. It is assumed you will be loving with your spouse but there is no location on an OWP.