+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment letter

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
Hello I didn't mention the salary in my employment letter but other factors such as duties , length and job title are OK.
Is this fine for apply or lacking salary will be troubling?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is for a study permit? Is your employer holding your job for you or paying for your studies? If so the employment letter should state that you are studying and they are holding a job for you. On your return, you will be promoted to xx position and be making XX more than now.

Reactions: Ashkantaheri

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
This is for a study permit? Is your employer holding your job for you or paying for your studies? If so the employment letter should state that you are studying and they are holding a job for you. On your return, you will be promoted to xx position and be making XX more than now.
Thanks they state that I can continue my job but didn't mention any salary for now and future .
And I can't want another letter.
Will they refuse my application for this matter ?
I have bank statement and a house owning document.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks they state that I can continue my job but didn't mention any salary for now and future .
And I can't want another letter.
Will they refuse my application for this matter ?
I have bank statement and a house owning document.
So in your SOP, you need to explain why spending tens of thousands of dollars will lead to education and career advancement. If your employment letter doesn’t do that, it may not help your approval. Why include it then. They will not refuse it based on a letter but if your SOP and employment letter don’t match (higher pay, better job, promotion) then the letter will not help.

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
So in your SOP, you need to explain why spending tens of thousands of dollars will lead to education and career advancement. If your employment letter doesn’t do that, it may not help your approval. Why include it then. They will not refuse it based on a letter but if your SOP and employment letter don’t match (higher pay, better job, promotion) then the letter will not help.
I explained the reasons in my SOP very clear.
Thanks for fast response

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
If your SOP is very clear then you have to decide whether the employment letter helps or hinders your application.
I guess he is referring to the work experience letter, which I guess is fine but yiu need to relate that with the future study in sop.

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
I guess he is referring to the work experience letter, which I guess is fine but yiu need to relate that with the future study in sop.
Another thing if your work experience doesn't relate directly with your past/ future study then you need to show why yiu are seeking this course and what after that??? From the career prospective.

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
Another thing if your work experience doesn't relate directly with your past/ future study then you need to show why yiu are seeking this course and what after that??? From the career prospective.
Thanks for your help
My question is only about missing salary amount in my employment letter and become refused because of that , but in my previous application VO didn't mention any problem about proof of finance and assets documents then maybe it's OK.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your help
My question is only about missing salary amount in my employment letter and become refused because of that , but in my previous application VO didn't mention any problem about proof of finance and assets documents then maybe it's OK.
So you have a previous refusal, you didn't mention that. What is the purpose for including an employment letter with a study permit application?

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for your help
Why do you need salary amount, if it is in the letter head and genuine than its ok, for financial you are not showing your salary as an income as you would be a student not an employed person when you are studying.

If thats genuine its ok and it would be better if you linked that work experience with yiur past and future study.

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
Have you applied by yourself or an agent?????
Myself
I understood your point . Letter of employment is not big deal because I don't work during college then there is no financial gain for tuition or living expenses by my job

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuv1