+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

How long should be an employment letter?

Can we add exact same duties from website:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1311

If i only include only these 5 points, is it sufficient?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dreams123 said:
Hi

How long should be an employment letter?

Not aware of any minimum or maximum word limit on this one. A 1 pager would suffice for most people.

Can we add exact same duties from website:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1311

Recommend not doing a copy-paste job because then it appears less legit. Use the terminologies in place at your organization.

If i only include only these 5 points, is it sufficient?

Include the ones that directly apply to your work experience(s). It is necessary and sufficient to have a majority of the responsibilities in the NOC description and not mandatory to have all of them.

Thanks.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
however long or short it needs to be. Mine was 2 A4 pages
don't just copy the duties listed, that will immediately set off alarm bells. remember these officers don't know every job. they will be pulling up the noc code and cross checking with the letter. if they see a direct copy, they're going to at the very least question it, at the other extreme, reject it.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These are good points. Could you tell me who the letter should refer to? Citizenship and Immigration Canada? If I am applying to OOPNP then? Or should I request two letters from the employer, one referred to OOPNP and other to Citizenship and Immigration Canada?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valar morghulis said:
These are good points. Could you tell me who the letter should refer to? Citizenship and Immigration Canada? If I am applying to OOPNP then? Or should I request two letters from the employer, one referred to OOPNP and other to Citizenship and Immigration Canada?
Try and get a generic "To whomever it may concern" letter.

indogenius

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
How long the employment letter should be good for as we are still preparing the profile and we will post the profile in another 2 months can you tell us for how long it is valid