+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter Validity

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I live in Canada and I am applying for my CEC express entry along with my wife (who is in India) by the beginning of next month.

My current company's letter of employment is dated as of January 2018 (as per CIC format) and I am still employed with them. Since I will be applying next month will the letter still be valid or do I have to ask for another one? Which is definitely be a pain as they take time to process such. Please suggest.

Thanks.

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Hello Everyone,

I live in Canada and I am applying for my CEC express entry along with my wife (who is in India) by the beginning of next month.

My current company's letter of employment is dated as of January 2018 (as per CIC format) and I am still employed with them. Since I will be applying next month will the letter still be valid or do I have to ask for another one? Which is definitely be a pain as they take time to process such. Please suggest.

Thanks.
Did you receive ITA ? If you haven't received ITA, I would recommend ask for new letter after ITA. You get 90days to submit all docs.

I think it's good idea to have all documents date with +/- 1 months range of your ITA date

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Thanks for the response. I haven't put my application yet. I am waiting for our ECA from WES. Due end of this month. So it would be a better idea to ask for another letter from my employer which will have a May 2018 date.