Employment letter says 29 hours worked indeterminate on part time basis

Feminap98

Oct 28, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
So I recently decided to apply for express entry because my hours as well as one year criteria is complete. I decided to claim points for two jobs as I worked at one job from October to December and second one from January to present. However, when I requested an employment letter from my employer the first one wrote on the letter that I worked an average of 29 hours a week on indeterminate part time basis even though I was hired full time. I asked them if that could be rectified and they refused because the letter is standardized. The second letter is accurate as it’s states I worked full time with 35/40 hours, in this case what should I do about the application?
Also, is it okay for me to quit my current job?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I recently decided to apply for express entry because my hours as well as one year criteria is complete. I decided to claim points for two jobs as I worked at one job from October to December and second one from January to present. However, when I requested an employment letter from my employer the first one wrote on the letter that I worked an average of 29 hours a week on indeterminate part time basis even though I was hired full time. I asked them if that could be rectified and they refused because the letter is standardized. The second letter is accurate as it’s states I worked full time with 35/40 hours, in this case what should I do about the application?
So this to claim Canadian work experience and how many hours are there in total. Do your T4 slips match the first employer hours.

Feminap98

Oct 28, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
So this to claim Canadian work experience and how many hours are there in total. Do your T4 slips match the first employer hours.
I have ROE as well as paystubs to prove that I’ve completed the required criteria of 1560 hours but I’m just worried because the letter says “part time”

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have ROE as well as paystubs to prove that I’ve completed the required criteria of 1560 hours but I’m just worried because the letter says “part time”
Then apply as you seem to have the hours. If there is no CEC draw then you will get your T4s soon which will prove the hours.

Reactions: Feminap98

Feminap98

Oct 28, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
You may want to look at ways to increase your score as the last CEC draw was 462 and there are over 41k in the pool with over 450 and over 45k in the pool over 400.
Yeah I’m actually thinking to give my ielts again and see if I can increase my points by getting a higher score