+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter question - multiple countries Work with Indian IT company

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,

Am working with Indian IT company, and applying under NOC 0213 - Computer and information systems managers.
I have travelled to multiple countries (on Work Permit) so my salary would be different for different time periods.

How do I show my Employment history? Do I have to get different letters from each country HR managers? Or can I get a single letter that documents my travel history and different salary structure?

Some travel has been like:
1. Go to Country A for 4 months on Short Term WP - then come back to India for 2 months
2. Go back to Country A for another 4 months again on a new Short Term WP (new) - then again come back to India
and so on...

Apart from the Work Permit travel, I have also traveled on Business visa to different countries for shorter term. How do I show this employment history?

If anyone has similar experience - please advise

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on what payroll you were on

So for example if you were on per diem in different countries and on payroll of your India office, you only need 1 letter for all your experience

But if your payroll changed to new country, then you need different letters
Now on your travel, for business travel, you should only show under travel history and NOT work history as it is expected you only went for meetings/ visits and not work

Good luck

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
Okay. So here is the case for me -

1. I worked in India for 4years
2. Got Work Permit, Payroll Changed, Salary in $ in US for more than 6 Months

Would i need to submit 2 letters?????

What all things should i take care of now?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
US payroll technically means different entity.

You can get one letter for both roles and it has to clearly say both entities were part of same management/group with exact dates.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the similar situation and I submitted only one letter of job duties/experience.
I had India-US-India-US...I created different entry, each for the work period in a country but submitted only one letter.

I explained it in my explanation letter about the same and had no issues in getting the PR.

Moreover, my company was taken over by another company but still had only one letter. I explained this too in the explanation letter.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I have similar split for my employment (India and US) and I'm submitting only one letter. I have one relieving letter for entire period with last drawn Indian salary although I quit from US. However my supervisor letter the locations as per country for the time I worked in both countries. I also have different work hours in both countries, so I had that explicitly mentioned in my supervisor letter too.

I have written a loe on having only one reference letter. I just mentioned that I worked for one company in two different countries.

To stress the difference, I have included different supporting documents for both countries.. like Indian appraisal letters and pay slips, form 16 along with the reference letter for India and US payslip, visa copy and w2 for US.

snehvishu

Feb 23, 2018
Hi, I have similar situation. In my case I was deputed.
I have worked in India and in the UK (on deputation for a year) for the same company. Do I need mention the work history in 3 sections. 1. Time I worked in India before being deputed to the UK 2. Time I worked in UK on deputation 3. Time I worked in India after being deputed to the UK. or should I mention the entire job/work history in 1 section considering I worked for the same company. In India also, I worked in multiple locations.

Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I had the similar situation and I submitted only one letter of job duties/experience.
I had India-US-India-US...I created different entry, each for the work period in a country but submitted only one letter.

I explained it in my explanation letter about the same and had no issues in getting the PR.

Moreover, my company was taken over by another company but still had only one letter. I explained this too in the explanation letter.
Hi, Can you please share LOE that you used as well as other supporting documentations. I am also in the same situation. Appreciate your help in advance.