+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter Query

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per cic, the job must full time - permanent and duties should match on the employment letter with NOC code. I have little more then 2 years of work experience for a company which I just left. Before Leaving I requested employment letter and they provided me something which looks like below. I have couple of concerns about the validity of that letter though.

1. Should I request updated letter which state start and end date of job, since I am no longer working there. ? I left job in Oct, I completed 2 year in June.(On 1st June)
2. Does employment letter has to have NOC Code mentioned.?
3. The letter I got says I was working Full time Contract, CIC required full time permanent, is this something I should be concerned about.? Should I ask that to be changed to Full time permanent ? If employer refuse to write permanent is just full time enough? My job offer actually says full time temporary because I was on a PGWP and not PR.
4. are all those job duties on letter enough for NOC 2174.?

I do have pay stub and T4 for additional proof, If I include those with letter below as it is do you guys think that would do it for me.?

Any Clarification is appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------- Job Letter ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 28, 2016

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
I wish to confirm that Applicant Name is employed by BMO Financial Group on a full time contract basis (37.5 hours per week) as Application Software Developer.

EMPLOYEMENT INFORMATION
Title: Software Developer
Service Date: Start Date - Present
Current Salary: Salary per Annum

JOB DUTIES
• Write and maintain code for application
• Define, Design and Implement software solution
• Interact and communicate with Business Analyst team to identify requirement for project
• Create design document and technical document
• Lead and co-ordinate team of software developer for delivery of software code
• Assist test team to identify and fix the bugs and issues with software
• Maintain existing application and provide support for applications
If there are any concern regarding employment of "Applicant Name", please contact at details given below.

Yours truly,

Manager name & Contact Details

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - That would be ideal as your current ref. letter says you're working at present date.
2 - No, NOC code does not have to be mentioned.
3 - Huh?
4 - Looks fine to me, but you should know better than me.
5 - Yes, you can include pay stubs and T4

Cheers and +1 me ;)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
1 - That would be ideal as your current ref. letter says you're working at present date.
2 - No, NOC code does not have to be mentioned.
3 - Huh?
4 - Looks fine to me, but you should know better than me.
5 - Yes, you can include pay stubs and T4

Cheers and +1 me ;)
I did +2. Still not clear about Full time Contract vs Full time permanent thing though.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
I did +2. Still not clear about Full time Contract vs Full time permanent thing though.
Did you claim points for LMIA?

If not, your letter is fine as it states full-time plus the work hours.

;)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Did you claim points for LMIA?

If not, your letter is fine as it states full-time plus the work hours.

;)
Ohh Man If only I could get LMIA, I would be in dream land. but no didn't got LMIA. I was working for one of the largest Bank so going through HR and convince them for LMIA is horrible. :'(

Btw thanks for clarification, I will just ask for new letter with end date with rest info as same.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
Ohh Man If only I could get LMIA, I would be in dream land. but no didn't got LMIA. I was working for one of the largest Bank so going through HR and convince them for LMIA is horrible. :'(

Btw thanks for clarification, I will just ask for new letter with end date with rest info as same.
You're good to go then, good luck ;)