+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter from Job agency and assigned company

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was working in Johnson&Johnson who assigned by the employment agency. The agency used the job title Office clerk (NOC type C) when i first joined the position but my real duty was Administrative Assistant. (Type B)

My team leader from J&J agreed to write me an employment letter using the title/duties of Admin Assistant and matched the 70% duties with NOC.

I will submit two letters. One is from agency to claim my salary, date, relationship with Assigned company. Another letter from J&J to state my title, duties, hours and relationship with agency.

However, there are two problems.

1 - My agency still used office clerk for their computer record and I am afraid if CIC call them one day. I already called them to change but they still have office clerk in history. My admin position only effective after I called which is almost 11 months of my job. But J&J never mention office clerk on their letter and state my admin assistant position in my first day.

2 - I am no longer work at J&J because my product's division moved out of Canada business recently, so the whole department basically just gone and everyone got layoff. I already worked more than 1 year here and I am currently working Junior Accountant in other large corporate.

Am I going to be okay? Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,

I was working in Johnson&Johnson who assigned by the employment agency. The agency used the job title Office clerk (NOC type C) when i first joined the position but my real duty was Administrative Assistant. (Type B)

My team leader from J&J agreed to write me an employment letter using the title/duties of Admin Assistant and matched the 70% duties with NOC.

I will submit two letters. One is from agency to claim my salary, date, relationship with Assigned company. Another letter from J&J to state my title, duties, hours and relationship with agency.

1 - My agency still used office clerk for their computer record and I am afraid if CIC call them one day. I already called them to change but they still have office clerk in history. My admin position only effective after I called which is almost 11 months of my job. But J&J never mention office clerk on their letter and state my admin assistant position in my first day.

2 - I am no longer work at J&J because my product's division moved out of Canada business recently, so the whole department basically just gone and everyone got layoff. I already worked more than 1 year here and I am currently working Junior Accountant in other large corporate.
Ah, this is going to be tricky, no one can tell you it will be OK with any certainty. You do need both letters, and the job duties and responsibilities from the client (J&J) should carry weight.

You can only try. What is your CRS score with and without that job?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Ah, this is going to be tricky, no one can tell you it will be OK with any certainty. You do need both letters, and the job duties and responsibilities from the client (J&J) should carry weight.

You can only try. What is your CRS score with and without that job?
Without that job, I only have 420 points...otherwise I have 445 points (which is today standard)

The letter itself looks perfect....I just afraid CIC will call agency and the agency database may show Accounting clerk in their system.

Will CIC call agency or assigned company in this case? I think CIC care duties more than title? And only assigned company can verifty my actual duties?

Official Letter From Agency
  • I am an employee since 2016 to end date
  • My assignee company name - Johnson & Johnson
  • My position at the assigned company - Administrative Assistant
  • My pay + benefits + hours per week
Official Letter From Company
  • My relationship between Agency and J&J , agency name
  • Start date - End date - Working hours per week
  • My title - Administrative Assistant
  • My duties - listed in detail

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Without that job, I only have 420 points...otherwise I have 445 points (which is today standard)

The letter itself looks perfect....I just afraid CIC will call agency and the agency database may show Accounting clerk in their system.

Will CIC call agency or assigned company in this case? I think CIC care duties more than title? And only assigned company can verifty my actual duties?

I think you're fine, as long as your duties / responsibilities match the Admin Assistant NOC...

Reactions: a16107

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017

Hello!
How did it go with your application?
I have exactly same letters from my agency and client company as you. I really hope you were successful with your application?

Thank you!

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Am I going to be okay? Thanks
Hello

First of all , congratulation for your PR.

Actually, I am sailing in the same boat as you were. I hired through an Agency for their client, Do i need to submit reference letter from both or just from an agency.

Thanks

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hello!
How did it go with your application?
I have exactly same letters from my agency and client company as you. I really hope you were successful with your application?

Thank you!
oh yea...I am PR for almost 5 months now :)

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hello

First of all , congratulation for your PR.

Actually, I am sailing in the same boat as you were. I hired through an Agency for their client, Do i need to submit reference letter from both or just from an agency.

Thanks
I submitted Both and write a brief summary to explain their relationship

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I submitted Both and write a brief summary to explain their relationship
Thanks for response.
What if my company will unable to provide reference letter so is it okay with one letter ?

One more questions, My agency location is in different province than my work location. which address need to enter in while creating EE profile under work history.

Thanks in advance

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for response.
What if my company will unable to provide reference letter so is it okay with one letter ?

One more questions, My agency location is in different province than my work location. which address need to enter in while creating EE profile under work history.

Thanks in advance
it really depends on Visa officer decision.. make sure the letter provides all the information that IRCC is looking for (Duties, duration, position, company info etc...)

EE information should aligned with your employment letter

I put the agency location because they are the one paid me

imsim

Nov 17, 2022

Hi
I am also working through agency, they already provided me the employment letter. However, I am still confuse.
Can you send writen sample of your both letters; agency and working company.
Please