+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment letter for visitors visa

Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

just wondering if it’s ok to not include employment letter in my visitor visa application since I work in a restaurant and don’t have direct contact with management/HR. It will take forever to get a document like that from them.

What I do have is a couple of pay checks that shows information about my fortnightly and yearly pay. I’ve also got around 8000cad in my bank account. And my auntie who invited me to Canada said in the invitation letter that she will cover accommodation&food. would that be enough as financial proof?

Also I’m a Chinese citizen but currently living in Australia as a permanent resident. Would that help anyway in my application?

Reactions: NiyomalGalkotuwa

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone,

just wondering if it’s ok to not include employment letter in my visitor visa application since I work in a restaurant and don’t have direct contact with management/HR. It will take forever to get a document like that from them.

What I do have is a couple of pay checks that shows information about my fortnightly and yearly pay. I’ve also got around 8000cad in my bank account. And my auntie who invited me to Canada said in the invitation letter that she will cover accommodation&food. would that be enough as financial proof?

Also I’m a Chinese citizen but currently living in Australia as a permanent resident. Would that help anyway in my application?
Depends on your ties and propose of travel.
Example a, you are a frequent traveler, keep traveling in nearby regions and now planning to go for a week long Canada visit after saving enough and purchasing an itinerary. Visiting auntie whom you have visited in past. Likely will be approved.
Example b, you have never traveled for other than immigration, now traveling with no itinerary. Your auntie is helping you with stay. Then it is going to look like you are traveling for immigration.

What is your intention of traveling? And how do you plan to prove it?

Dec 9, 2019
Depends on your ties and propose of travel.
Example a, you are a frequent traveler, keep traveling in nearby regions and now planning to go for a week long Canada visit after saving enough and purchasing an itinerary. Visiting auntie whom you have visited in past. Likely will be approved.
Example b, you have never traveled for other than immigration, now traveling with no itinerary. Your auntie is helping you with stay. Then it is going to look like you are traveling for immigration.

What is your intention of traveling? And how do you plan to prove it?
hi thanks for the reply

My intention is to visit my auntie and travel around near where she lives. I’m going to include detailed itinerary and maybe dummy flight tickets?

I did travel to Japan last year and I’m planning to go again next year shortly after leaving Canada. Already bought the tickets and booked accommodation. I don’t know if that will help if I include these in my application.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
hi thanks for the reply

My intention is to visit my auntie and travel around near where she lives. I’m going to include detailed itinerary and maybe dummy flight tickets?

I did travel to Japan last year and I’m planning to go again next year shortly after leaving Canada. Already bought the tickets and booked accommodation. I don’t know if that will help if I include these in my application.
Yes showing proof of your post travel plans will help. Anything that convinces vo of feasibility of your plan.

Coming back to your original question a letter from your employer will also help. You can explain the reason for not providing it. Even if you plan to send in application without it, it might help you to get that document in case later if they request for it

Dec 9, 2019
Yes showing proof of your post travel plans will help. Anything that convinces vo of feasibility of your plan.

Coming back to your original question a letter from your employer will also help. You can explain the reason for not providing it. Even if you plan to send in application without it, it might help you to get that document in case later if they request for it
thanks. I have the contact details of my manager. Can I provide that instead of letter of employment? If they want to verify my employment situation

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
thanks. I have the contact details of my manager. Can I provide that instead of letter of employment? If they want to verify my employment situation
The onus is on you to prove and not on them to verify.

Having said that providing more info in this context will help, so yes if you are thinking of not providing letter, provide employment info. If I am not mistaken, you would have to provide this in one of the forms anyhow.