+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter Enquiries (After meeting with a lawyer) ->Need your thoughts

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have just met with a lawyer today, he has given me some suggestion on how to write my LOE, but i want to share with you and see if you agree with him.

My situation: CEC, Post ITA, 1 year experience working as 1241 (Primary NOC), but in the 1 year time, i got a temporary contract as 1221 for one month and got paid more, but was still performing duties of 1241.

In my experience letter, the lawyer thinks i should write it like this:

From March 23, 2015 to October 26, 2015, and from November 27, 2015 to February 29, 2016, he was compensated at a rate of XXX biweekly. Effective March 1, 2016 his rate increased to XXX due to the reclassification of his position. Effective April 1, 2016 his salary increased to XXX. In addition to his regular employment as Program Support Worker (NOC 1241), from October 26, 2015 to November 27, 2015 he also took on some additional duties and was compensated at a rate of xxx.

The lawyer thinks this way I explained why i got paid a bit more during that one month period, but at the same time making sure the VO knows that i still perform my primary NOC 1241 duties during that month.

And then in the section where I write about my duties, the lawyer thinks that after I list all my Primary NOC 1241 duties, start another paragraph, and list a few temporary 1221 duties there, like this :

Duties performed between October 26, 2015 and November 27, 2015 in addition to Program Support Worker (NOC 1241) duties:

1. Establishes work priorities, delegates work to office support staff, and ensures deadlines are met and procedures are followed
2. Assists in preparation of operating budget and maintains inventory and budgetary controls
3. Oversees and coordinates office administrative procedures and reviews, evaluates and implements new procedures

(lawyer thinks i should provide T4, NOA AND pay stubs)

So what do you guys think about this Experience Letter considering my situation?

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Re: Letter of Experience (After meeting with a lawyer) ->Need your thoughts

Are you asking about the LoE (letter of explanation) or your reference letter from your employer?
If you clarify that in the topic name, maybe you'll get relevant answers from people who know something about this.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Letter of Experience (After meeting with a lawyer) ->Need your thoughts

ellia said:
Are you asking about the LoE (letter of explanation) or your reference letter from your employer?
If you clarify that in the topic name, maybe you'll get relevant answers from people who know something about this.

It's my Employment Letter/ Reference Letter from my employer.

Sorry for the confusion! :p And thanks for bringing this up :-*