+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment insurance Re activation.

pramee

Feb 26, 2011
Employment insurance reactivation Alberta Canada?
I was qualified for 27 weeks of Employment insurance, after I finished 17 weeks of Employment insurance I started working for 3 weeks and I quit the job,I would like to know since My EI claim is still valid Can I re activate my claim.
will I be eligible for the remaining weeks of my EI.

Thanking you all.

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
pramee said:
Employment insurance reactivation Alberta Canada?
I was qualified for 27 weeks of Employment insurance, after I finished 17 weeks of Employment insurance I started working for 3 weeks and I quit the job,I would like to know since My EI claim is still valid Can I re activate my claim.
will I be eligible for the remaining weeks of my EI.

Thanking you all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should ask EI but usually if you quit a job, you don't qualify for EI except if you had a good reason to quit because you were bullied or something like that.

Saggitarius

Sep 29, 2006
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask something, I have a restraining order in effect against my husband due to domestic violence, we are in court and we will divorce. I work 6 hours a week almost 4 years now will be in October 2022, it is not enough for me and. my son and I was thinking to quit my job because I am going through a lot right now, we will be in court soon.
My question is can I get EI if I quit my job due to domestic violence? I am going through a lot right now, I have a restraining order as I said and we will divorce, and I work only 6 hours a week (part-time job, but not enough hours really).
Can I collect EI due to domestic violence?
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask something, I have a restraining order in effect against my husband due to domestic violence, we are in court and we will divorce. I work 6 hours a week almost 4 years now will be in October 2022, it is not enough for me and. my son and I was thinking to quit my job because I am going through a lot right now, we will be in court soon.
My question is can I get EI if I quit my job due to domestic violence? I am going through a lot right now, I have a restraining order as I said and we will divorce, and I work only 6 hours a week (part-time job, but not enough hours really).
Thank you.
Unfortunately you don't qualify for EI.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi everyone,
Thank you.
You probably want to ask to take a leave of absence from your job . Quitting your job will nullify any subsequent EI claims