+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Insurance (EI) Issues. Please help!

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
My wife applied EI last August 2013. Her employer under the live in caregiver program was the one who filed the application because my wife is a first timer here in Canada. When her employer submitted the application, she got her own copy of her Records of Employment (ROE). After 2 months she found out that her EI was not processed since she submitted all the weekly reports, as her ROE was not in the office of EI and it was misplaced in other department.

October 2013 she submitted personally the copy of her ROE. By November 2013 she found out that she will not be paid from August 2013. Same month she mailed a letter of reconsideration regarding the issue.

As of now, she still haven't heard anything yet from the government thru checking the service canada. My wife is also pregnant an about to give birth anytime soon. She applied maternity leave as well. Is she will get her EI still or only ML if they dont accept the reconsderation?

Do we need to go to service centre to clarify these things? Is anyone of you experienced this kind of situation? Thank you