+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment history change

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
Hello -
My 1st-time study permit application was refused and I will be reapplying soon.
I just found out that I didn't update my employment history correctly. I am working since 2013 in my current organization, during this period I got two promotions and 1 international travel. I covered all these three changes separately in the history section. Now I would like to put it across as 1) May 2013-Till date as one single employment, which is true, Jan 2012-Apr 2013 for another employment. I would like to know if I make this change, will it impact my application negatively. I am an IT professional, Is it okay if I write IT professional in the field/Activity or do I have to use the designations as mentioned in the employment proofs. I have worked on several designations, this will be a little difficult to cover under single history.

My background - I have 12 years of exp, 10th,12th and Engg in CSE above 85%, IELTS 8, history of international travel to developed nations. Received admission in the master's program in a university standing among the top three.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
First of apply for gcms notes before relodgement ...second u cant change ur current designation unless u resigned the previous job and joined new firm...if u got promotion than u can but u have to upload promotion letter ...u can't change ur history they save the documents which u upload and cross check the information ...for example my agent wrote my surname in small letters in first application and in second he wrote it in capital letters ...after refusal when I applied for gcms they mentioned the change in gcms ..but it was not the reason of my refusal ..but if u change ur work history u can be banned for fraud ...hope u got it

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
First of apply for gcms notes before relodgement ...second u cant change ur current designation unless u resigned the previous job and joined new firm...if u got promotion than u can but u have to upload promotion letter ...u can't change ur history they save the documents which u upload and cross check the information ...for example my agent wrote my surname in small letters in first application and in second he wrote it in capital letters ...after refusal when I applied for gcms they mentioned the change in gcms ..but it was not the reason of my refusal ..but if u change ur work history u can be banned for fraud ...hope u got it
I am not talking about changing work history, my documentations are all in order I will provide exact same documents this time as well. The problem is I provided incomplete information last time and not in the correct order. Therefore, I would like to understand how this change gonna impact my application.

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
My employment at XYZ in the application is given as per below. as there was three fields to fill, I included only up to three. This only provides employment history of past 5 years. However, It is a single employment since 2013. Now I want to update my tenure as May 2013 - Till Date as one employment and this will give room to include two more exp history. I would like to know if I change this in application, is this going to be problematic. My documents are all in order.
1. Sep 2018 - Till Date - Manager
2. Jan 2016 - Aug 2018 - Sr. Con
3. Jan 2015 - Jan 2016 - Sr. Con (US)
4. May 2013- Jan 2015 - Sr. Con

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon @scylla @canuck78

Please help! , I am very tensed and let me know if this change will impact me negatively
You can make the change and it will have no impact on your application. You can show one employment and have all your designations under it or show the designations held separately, it does not matter.

If your previous application and the new one you will file has discrepancies, you should address them in the new application.

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
You can make the change and it will have no impact on your application. You can show one employment and have all your designations under it or show the designations held separately, it does not matter.

If your previous application and the new one you will file has discrepancies, you should address them in the new application.
Thank you, this is such a relief to know.

Reactions: legalfalcon