+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment history > 10 years

Sn33ze

Jul 11, 2015
I had included my entire employment history into the EE application. One of the companies I worked for 18 years ago is out of business and I was able to get a simple employment letter from the successor company.

I now realize that I don't need to give employment history that is > 10 years old in my application for PR. Can I make changes to my employment history in the CIC system by deleting all jobs > 10 years old and moving them to personal history? This will not affect my points.

Do I need to write an explanatory statement for this to the CIC reviewing officer?

Lyssiej

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
USA
Category........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I'm bumping this because I have the same question! I am in the pool at 411, worried about proving that older history if I get picked. Also, I'm the primary applicant -- does my husband need to put in his work history? It's outside Canada.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Sn33ze said:
I had included my entire employment history into the EE application. One of the companies I worked for 18 years ago is out of business and I was able to get a simple employment letter from the successor company.

I now realize that I don't need to give employment history that is > 10 years old in my application for PR. Can I make changes to my employment history in the CIC system by deleting all jobs > 10 years old and moving them to personal history? This will not affect my points.

Do I need to write an explanatory statement for this to the CIC reviewing officer?
You can move this to personal history. If this experience is foreign, you only get points for three years. Move everything else to personal history. Mention this into LOE

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Lyssiej said:
I'm bumping this because I have the same question! I am in the pool at 411, worried about proving that older history if I get picked. Also, I'm the primary applicant -- does my husband need to put in his work history? It's outside Canada.
No your husband doesn't need to. You wont get any points for his work but again you have to mention this to personal history.