+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Experience letter mistake

Hina.K

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I have 2 questions related to employment experience letter.
1. Is there any problem if i take it post ITA or it must be issued before ITA?
2. I have spent 7 years in the same company and got multiple promotions. For my 1st promotion back in 2013, i have been issued a back dated later (1 month). It was given to me in May 2013 and was effective from April 1. But in my experience letter it was mistakenly mentioned “till April 2013” instead of March 2013, Would that be acceptable?

im.ran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
1. If you are employed with the same company better you take it post ITA otherwise it should not be too much earlier then submission date of your PR application.
2. If your experience letter covers all the IRCC requirements i.e. roles and responsibilities, working hours, all the positions held with timeline, your salary and benefits then you are not required to submit your promotion letter. However, if you can get the experience letter corrected then better to do it.

Reactions: Hina.K

Hina.K

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks a lot. I think i should try to get it corrected.

1. If you are employed with the same company better you take it post ITA otherwise it should not be too much earlier then submission date of your PR application.
2. If your experience letter covers all the IRCC requirements i.e. roles and responsibilities, working hours, all the positions held with timeline, your salary and benefits then you are not required to submit your promotion letter. However, if you can get the experience letter corrected then better to do it.