+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment documents

Iyerg

Jul 7, 2018
Hi
Can anyone assist with information?

My son was an intern in three companies before he got a full time employment in sep of 2017.
so for all internship positions, does IRCC require letters from the respective companies? or they will ask for a letter only from the company where he is permanently employed?

Grateful for a response from the experts!

Last edited:

ramsay1212

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I think if he is using internship work experience for points in his EE profile then a reference letter would be needed.
However, if the internships was a requirement to earn a University/Professional degree then the same won't be counted as work experience and a reference letter won't be needed for same.

gmi3001

Oct 26, 2010
I think if he is using internship work experience for points in his EE profile then a reference letter would be needed.
However, if the internships was a requirement to earn a University/Professional degree then the same won't be counted as work experience and a reference letter won't be needed for same.
Thanks so much Ramsay!

gmi3001

Oct 26, 2010
Hi Ramsay i need to more clarity on one more topic , Police Certificates if you could add your expert advise
Can you throw more light on the Police certificates for Express Entry. My son has certficates obtained in from spain, swiss and US( FBI), after he left the respective countries in 2015/2016. Will they still be valid considerig the fact that he has not returned to those countries for the last two years as he is employed in dubai , UAE/