+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employers need work eligibilty to offer a job

hisham.i

Jan 5, 2014
Hello,

I already took the assessment to find my eligibility to get immigration visa to canada, & i got reply from the embassy that after reviewing application they say that i have to got job offer in order to apply for PR.

On the other hand when i apply for jobs online they ask if i am eligible to work in Canada!!!!

So here as if we are asking who came first chicken or the egg!

So now i am not able to find a job because i am not eligible to work in Canada, & i am not able to apply for PR because i don't have job offer.

Please some one help & explain what can i do

Thanks

Nov 6, 2013
Getting job from overseas with no work permit is next to impossible. Most employers would not go into the trouble of hiring foreigners and getting work permit for them while there is local pool of candidates. Possible ways are

1. Instead of applying as FSW, find ways to immigrate as provincial nominee. For example I was not eligible to immigrate as FSW, but I managed to penetrate as Quebec selected skilled worker.
2. Finish a short course in Canada and get post study permit (I do not personally favour this option because I literally wasted a fortune in UK on studies but 3 months before my graduation the post study work permit scheme was abolished).

hisham.i said:
Hello,

I already took the assessment to find my eligibility to get immigration visa to canada, & i got reply from the embassy that after reviewing application they say that i have to got job offer in order to apply for PR.

On the other hand when i apply for jobs online they ask if i am eligible to work in Canada!!!!

So here as if we are asking who came first chicken or the egg!

So now i am not able to find a job because i am not eligible to work in Canada, & i am not able to apply for PR because i don't have job offer.

Please some one help & explain what can i do

Thanks

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

Unfortunately the provincial nomination program is also employer driven, so for this you would also need to get a job in Canada.

I would agree that it is not easy to find a job in Canada without having status, however depending on the industry that you are in, it is not impossible.

I know this since I have succeeded at doing exactly that. No doubt it will require you do your homework, know what you are talking about, and be prepared to go the distance to make it happen.

My response is simply this. If you really want it, you will have to work for it..

Good luck :)

hisham.i

Jan 5, 2014
So what i understand & what i saw in different posts its almost impossible for employers to hire foreign workers.

So i want to understand how people are going to canada? how they are immigrating!

This kind of skilled worker immigration & PNP all need a job offer to be qualified, & more that 99.999999% you will not get a job offer, so how these systems are working.

I hope some one else have different experience that can share.

hisham.i

Jan 5, 2014
mrbeachman: Don't bother is a different issue.

My concern now & the thing that i want to understand is how people are immigrating? on which basis?

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
I will tell you how people immigrate.

There is a specific skill set in demand, mostly through transfer from another company overseas. How do I know this? My ex girlfriend used to work for Royal LePage relocation services, so unless the company you work for has some strong relation to Canada (I will give you an example.... Ubisoft, Suncor, Electronic Arts, Manulife) you don't stand any chance with your approach.

Another option is money. A lot of money. This is why there is a large Chinese population in Toronto and Vancouver. They buy investment condos and send their kids to study in Canada. After the kids graduate they just need a good lawyer to settle in Canada while parents don't really bother as there is nothing that Canada could offer them money wise.

And then there are people like me who were "lucky" that had family to guarantee for them. This is how most immigrants come to Canada.

Nov 6, 2013
There is also a luck factor. I immigrated when Quebec was open for skilled immigration in non priority fields. I had a pretty much useless field of studies (economics) giving me 0 points on the skill scale and only 6 months of work experience. But because I was fluent in english and french I crossed the barrier for minimum points and got selected though I had no job offer.
Since December 2011 the rules have changed though so had I applied 6 months later I would never have made it here.

mrbeachman said:

There is a specific skill set in demand, mostly through transfer from another company overseas. How do I know this? My ex girlfriend used to work for Royal LePage relocation services, so unless the company you work for has some strong relation to Canada (I will give you an example.... Ubisoft, Suncor, Electronic Arts, Manulife) you don't stand any chance with your approach.

Another option is money. A lot of money. This is why there is a large Chinese population in Toronto and Vancouver. They buy investment condos and send their kids to study in Canada. After the kids graduate they just need a good lawyer to settle in Canada while parents don't really bother as there is nothing that Canada could offer them money wise.

And then there are people like me who were "lucky" that had family to guarantee for them. This is how most immigrants come to Canada.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbeachman said:

there are the ones who manage to go the AEO route or manage to find an employer, willing to apply for an LMO, however, most of the times, both those options requires that you come here, spend time here and hand in your resume to employers. Or you study here and go down the employment rout that way.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
There is also a luck factor. I immigrated when Quebec was open for skilled immigration in non priority fields. I had a pretty much useless field of studies (economics) giving me 0 points on the skill scale and only 6 months of work experience. But because I was fluent in english and french I crossed the barrier for minimum points and got selected though I had no job offer.
Since December 2011 the rules have changed though so had I applied 6 months later I would never have made it here.
There is totally a luck factor. In 2006 or 2007 I looked at Canadian immigration and saw that there was a 5-6 year wait time. In 2008 I looked again and saw that they'd changed FSW to something that should be processed in a year -- and, my profession of college instructor was on it! My wife and I applied, we were approved in 10 months and it would have been 6 if we hadn't had a baby in the middle; and before we even got the visa, they took 'college instructor' off, probably because there was never a single job in that category, it was just wishful thinking on CIC's part that they desperately needed highly educated foreigners . . . There was this weird window of a few months when I was eligible.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Getting job from overseas with no work permit is next to impossible. Most employers would not go into the trouble of hiring foreigners and getting work permit for them while there is local pool of candidates. Possible ways are

1. Instead of applying as FSW, find ways to immigrate as provincial nominee. For example I was not eligible to immigrate as FSW, but I managed to penetrate as Quebec selected skilled worker.
2. Finish a short course in Canada and get post study permit (I do not personally favour this option because I literally wasted a fortune in UK on studies but 3 months before my graduation the post study work permit scheme was abolished).
This is one of the reasons why UK PhDs are not taken seriously at all in the US and around the world. UK graduate programs don't attract bright and talented students around the world, but they are just a money grab. Just like Canadian graduate programs that attract students mostly from the third world countries who are more interested in getting Canadian PR than Canadian PhD. On the contrary, top US PhD programs recruit the cream of the crop and they offer an excellent funding package with benefits such as full tuition waiver and health insurance. They are respected worldwide and have an excellent academic job placement record.

actonis

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013

I doubt this.
There are lot of foreigners that got LMOs and come to canada as temp workers.
So finding job from overseas is hard but not impossible.

Nov 6, 2013
How about reading the post well before replying?
I wrote "next to impossible" which means ALMOST impossible but not impossible

actonis said:
I doubt this.
There are lot of foreigners that got LMOs and come to canada as temp workers.
So finding job from overseas is hard but not impossible.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
How about reading the post well before replying?
I wrote "next to impossible" which means ALMOST impossible but not impossible
Hi. Do you still live alone in a Montreal slum? Why aren't you married yet? I am sure many guys in your home country Georgia are dying to move to Canada.