+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employers for homechildcare pilot 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They may call to verify income. But if you provided your business registration number, NOAs from the past few years (annual income) and it shows you meet LICO plus the $30k+ for a full-time caregiver then maybe not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl Are they going to call and ask questions about the job offer, too? Thank you very much.
They may especially if the job offer is for a family member. They may want to know why you need full-time care, can't use daycare or after school programs, and how you advertised your job and couldn't find anyone in your area.

Marydivya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
They may especially if the job offer is for a family member. They may want to know why you need full-time care, can't use daycare or after school programs, and how you advertised your job and couldn't find anyone in your area.

Hi, I am planing to hire my family member as home child care worker. And planning to do paper work by myself. If anyone here applied by themself? My another inquiry is how can i be an employer? Please reply
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am planing to hire my family member as home child care worker. And planning to do paper work by myself. If anyone here applied by themself? My another inquiry is how can i be an employer? Please reply
Thanks
You set up a business number with CRA to set up payroll to deduct taxes, CPP etc. You show you can meet the income requirements to hire a full-time child care worker.

Iris A

Oct 12, 2021
Hi MaryDivya I'm in the same boat like you. I've question on filling IMM 5683 form . Would you be a able to share your experience ?For salary portion, what's the minimum wage & hours we need to meet for the applicant to be eligible? What kind of insurance is mandatory to provide to the applicant as part of the employment? TIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi MaryDivya I'm in the same boat like you. I've question on filling IMM 5683 form . Would you be a able to share your experience ?For salary portion, what's the minimum wage & hours we need to meet for the applicant to be eligible? What kind of insurance is mandatory to provide to the applicant as part of the employment? TIA
Hourly wage depends on where your live and the job must be full-time. Are you the employer? If so you need to have a base salary (LICO plus wages) for the number of people in your family. You must have a business registration number.

Iris A

Oct 12, 2021
Hourly wage depends on where your live and the job must be full-time. Are you the employer? If so you need to have a base salary (LICO plus wages) for the number of people in your family. You must have a business registration number.
Thanks for your reply! I live in AB where can I refer the minimum wages? I've my business registration number so that shouldn't be an issue.