+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer withdrew

Miso2323

Sep 10, 2022
I was International student, I found employer, so I applied for work permit. Now my student visa is expired and my employer withdrew
What will happen if your employer withdrew while you applying for work permit?
Will your application will be refused what should you do?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1083629

It's not clear to me, sorry. You applied for PGWP, correct? If you applied and your student visa expired, then you can work under implied status until the decision is made. I am not sure why your employer withdrew the offer (most likely, they didn't understand the immigration laws and didn't want to bother). Nothing really happens other than you are unemployed and need a new job.

If your PGWP app is refused, then it's a little more complicated. Unless you took unofficial breaks, they don't refuse PGWPs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was International student, I found employer, so I applied for work permit. Now my student visa is expired and my employer withdrew
Did you leave your studies because you found an employer willing to hire you on a closed WP?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. It will be refused as there is no longer a job.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It's not clear to me, sorry. You applied for PGWP, correct? If you applied and your student visa expired, then you can work under implied status until the decision is made. I am not sure why your employer withdrew the offer (most likely, they didn't understand the immigration laws and didn't want to bother). Nothing really happens other than you are unemployed and need a new job.

If your PGWP app is refused, then it's a little more complicated. Unless you took unofficial breaks, they don't refuse PGWPs.
I think poster left studies after found employer...