Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Need some input in how to change my employer specific work Permit to open work.
You normally can't.. I haven't read your previous posts so there is not enough information here to explain why you believe that you are eligible for an OWP.

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
You normally can't.. I haven't read your previous posts so there is not enough information here to explain why you believe that you are eligible for an OWP.
I am being laid off. And I have my wok permit till 2020 August. I want to stay in Canada and work here. I went to service Canada and they asked me to apply for a open work permit which I did. Now I’m not sure if I’ll get it.

In addition what will happen to my spouses OWP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am being laid off. And I have my wok permit till 2020 August. I want to stay in Canada and work here. I went to service Canada and they asked me to apply for a open work permit which I did. Now I’m not sure if I’ll get it.

In addition what will happen to my spouses OWP.
Why would you go to Service Canada for immigration advice? From what you've said, you don't qualify for an OWP and it will be refused.

Nothing happens to your wife's OWP; it remains valid until expiry.

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
Why would you go to Service Canada for immigration advice? From what you've said, you don't qualify for an OWP and it will be refused.

Nothing happens to your wife's OWP; it remains valid until expiry.
Cause there was no other way. IRCC was very hard to reach and my employer urged me to ask Service Canada.

I’m a physio. Will that play any role in getting an open work. Cause I did the questionnaire for eligibility. It said that I am eligible to apply for OWP. But reading all these post makes me very nervous.

And thank you for responding about spousal OWP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cause there was no other way. IRCC was very hard to reach and my employer urged me to ask Service Canada.

I’m a physio. Will that play any role in getting an open work. Cause I did the questionnaire for eligibility. It said that I am eligible to apply for OWP. But reading all these post makes me very nervous.

And thank you for responding about spousal OWP.
Service Canada has nothing to do with immigration.

Your profession makes no difference. If the questionnaire told you that you qualified for an OWP, either you answered something wrong or you have not explained your full situation here on the forum.

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you for that response.

I just said that
  • I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
This is yes. And it showed I should apply for a OWP. I’m not sure now after hearing all you guys saying that I won’t qualify.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for that response.

I just said that
  • I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
This is yes. And it showed I should apply for a OWP. I’m not sure now after hearing all you guys saying that I won’t qualify.
You have never mentioned anything about a removal order. Why have you been issued one and why is it not enforceable?

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
You have never mentioned anything about a removal order. Why have you been issued one and why is it not enforceable?
I understood as removal order from work. But now that I researched it more I understand It’s for refugees. I think I made a big mistake. I misunderstood.

What is my best option here. Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I understood as removal order from work. But now that I researched it more I understand It’s for refugees. I think I made a big mistake. I misunderstood.

What is my best option here. Please help.
Yes, that was a big mistake. Withdraw the OWP app. You can remain in Canada while your current permit is valid but can't work anywhere else. You would need a job offer with an LMIA from a new employer in order to apply for another work permit.

Reactions: Sowmyaravali

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, that was a big mistake. Withdraw the OWP app. You can remain in Canada while your current permit is valid but can't work anywhere else. You would need a job offer with an LMIA from a new employer in order to apply for another work permit.
Thank you for all your help I’ll do that.

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
I got an offer from a new employer and he is willing to apply for my LMIA can I make modifications to my existing OWP application or do I need to apply for a fresh one?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got an offer from a new employer and he is willing to apply for my LMIA can I make modifications to my existing OWP application or do I need to apply for a fresh one?
You would need to apply for a new one.

Sowmyaravali

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I could not find how to cancel my current application (OWP). I don’t know how to do that and where to find it.

In addition before my view visa is issued can I do volunteer work or train under my new employer?

Thanks in advance. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I could not find how to cancel my current application (OWP). I don’t know how to do that and where to find it.

In addition before my view visa is issued can I do volunteer work or train under my new employer?

Thanks in advance. :)
Send a Webform to withdraw.

No, you cannot train or "volunteer" with your new employer. That would be illegal work.