+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer-specific work permit (LMIA exemption)

arkimoon

Jul 28, 2017
I am hoping to get consultation regarding extension of work permit after obtaining CSQ. I would like to explain my situation here. I studied in a canadian university. After obtaining my degree, I applied for CSQ under PEQ program. I got the CSQ on April 2017 and sent my PR application on June 2017. Now I am working with a Canadian architecture company as a full-time employee. I have a PGWP now. But it will expire on November 2017.

So, to keep working here, I need to apply for a new work permit. I believe I am eligible for Employer-specific work permit. My employer has already created the employer portal and submitted the offer of employment with the compliance fee.

And here the question comes. When I started the application process, it asked "Which situation best describes your work situation?" There was no category for CSQ holders. So I chose "I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder". And now, along with my CSQ, the application is asking for a PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM CERTIFICATE and a LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM PROVINCE OR TERRITORY. I have no idea what am I supposed to submit for those two things.

Could you please help me?