Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my employer refused to show my annual salary. I worked for a firm in india and when I asked reference letter they did not include my annual salary. They included my duties and To and end dates.

What Can I do now ? CIC wants to have work hours and annual income.

Thank you guys .. please help if you have any idea

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
Hi my employer refused to show my annual salary. I worked for a firm in india and when I asked reference letter they did not include my annual salary. They included my duties and To and end dates.

What Can I do now ? CIC wants to have work hours and annual income.

Thank you guys .. please help if you have any idea
You can show them your offer/increment letters that were signed by HR on the company letter head, including the pay slips along with the bank credits of your monthly salary.
And mention in an LoE that you are attaching these documents for support of your claim as a paid job reference because the employer has refused to provide salary details. If you have their written denial attach it as well.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
You can show them your offer/increment letters that were signed by HR on the company letter head along with the bank credits of your monthly salary.
And mention in an LoE that you are attaching these documents for support of your claim as a paid job reference because the employer has refused to provide salary details. If you have their written denial attach it as well.
Thank you if we don't include and just provide reference letter and reliving letter .. that may result in rejection right?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you if we don't include and just provide reference letter and reliving letter .. that may result in rejection right?
Including what i mentioned above, shall definitely make your look much better and credible, unless you have difficulty in getting those.

I suggested you the above so you can avoid any possibility of rejection.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-SpaceGuy said:
possibly but not always the case. You can provide additional documents as proof of the missing info (e.g. your payslips or bank statements for that period showing the money you received).
at very least, write a LOE stating what your salary was and explaining that they refused to include it.

If it is a job that is clearly a paid job (not volunteer or internship, etc...) and from a reputable company, you'll be ok. If it is from a smaller company, or from a company that is no longer in business, or any complicated case like this, then please get as much documentation as you can. Ask your former manager or even your colleagues to provide you a signed letter as well, it can only help.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am facing the same issue, my employer will not give reference letter and I dont think its appropriate to put annual salary on the letter by colleague (not a manager)

So the documents I am thinking to include are :-
1) Reference letter from colleague without salary info.
2) Pay Stubs
3) Form 16
4) Salary Certificates

Can anybody say from personal experience if this information would be sufficient?
Unfortunately I do not have the job offer letter but hoping pay stubs, salary certificate etc. might prove that I was paid for my work.
I have already this query in another post and got a positive response but hoping from more confirmation here

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nis4 said:
Hi everyone,

I am facing the same issue, my employer will not give reference letter and I dont think its appropriate to put annual salary on the letter by colleague (not a manager)

2) Pay Stubs
3) Form 16
4) Salary Certificates

Can anybody say from personal experience if this information would be sufficient?
Unfortunately I do not have the job offer letter but hoping pay stubs, salary certificate etc. might prove that I was paid for my work.
I have already this query in another post and got a positive response but hoping from more confirmation here
Check this thread for alternatives that applicants have used when reference letter or required information was missing in the letter http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nis4 said:

2) Pay Stubs
3) Form 16
4) Salary Certificates

Don't forget to include a Letter of Explanation that your employer refused to give the letter, along with some kind of evidence (hopefully you got it in writing).

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
The-SpaceGuy said:
You need to have a line saying - "XYZ was a full time time working 35 hours per week."

For salary attach all the payslips and LOE.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Thank you very much for sharing the great post Stanlee, and thank you for your inputs The-SpaceGuy.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi friends,

Need your advice again!
I finally managed to get the reference letter from a colleague notarized but turns out I am not satisfied with the stamp on it.
Along with the notary stamp, there is another stamp on the document that says "I certify that this is a true and correct copy of a document in the possession of XYZ(my colleague giving the reference)" followed by notary signature.

Does that seem ok? My fear is that it might not be :(

It was a lot of effort to get this document as I asked one of my friends to drive the colleague to the notary to sign this.
Would it be a problem if I submit this document?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
nis4 said:
Hi friends,

Need your advice again!
I finally managed to get the reference letter from a colleague notarized but turns out I am not satisfied with the stamp on it.
Along with the notary stamp, there is another stamp on the document that says "I certify that this is a true and correct copy of a document in the possession of XYZ(my colleague giving the reference)" followed by notary signature.

Does that seem ok? My fear is that it might not be :(

It was a lot of effort to get this document as I asked one of my friends to drive the colleague to the notary to sign this.
Would it be a problem if I submit this document?
Thats pretty standard for notarized copies... hm...

It should say sworn in front bla bla bla similar to this: https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk/assets/img/document_preview/statutory-declaration-of-name-change.png

Which country are you from?

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
I got the notarization done from Seattle. Mayb i am not sure what kind of notarization works for reference letter purposes , but what threw me off was the 'copy' sentence as it is in indeed not a copy. This is not a sworn statement either. I jusy wanted to get a plain paper notarized reference letter, which if I understood correctly only implies that the letter was indeed signed in the presence of a notary and he validates it with this stamp. Atleast this is what I had been reading across the forum, fur sure my knowledge is incomplete on the topic.