+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer refused to give employment letter

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019
Hello

I worked at this store for 18 months I left late 2020 and I got the invitation to submit my PR. I worked as a supervisor at minimum wage. I wanted to learn and how to run the place because I wanted to own a store of my own one day. I completed all duties/responsibilities according to the NOC 6211 retail shift supervisor and more. Now that I need an employment letter the owner/manager said that he/she will only sign the letter of me as a cashier. They are okay with all the duties/responsibilities mentioned but not the position. I am really not sure what action to take next. My lawyer put me in as a store supervisor in my express entry profile because that’s what my employer told him at the time.
Please let me know what are my options if any. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I worked at this store for 18 months I left late 2020 and I got the invitation to submit my PR. I worked as a supervisor at minimum wage. I wanted to learn and how to run the place because I wanted to own a store of my own one day. I completed all duties/responsibilities according to the NOC 6211 retail shift supervisor and more. Now that I need an employment letter the owner/manager said that he/she will only sign the letter of me as a cashier. They are okay with all the duties/responsibilities mentioned but not the position. I am really not sure what action to take next. My lawyer put me in as a store supervisor in my express entry profile because that’s what my employer told him at the time.
Please let me know what are my options if any. Thank you
Is this for work in Canada?

IRCC looks at the job duties / responsibilities and not at the position name. So from that perspective, you should be fine.

The one potential issue is that IRCC will sometimes challenge if you were really doing a supervisory role if you were only being paid minimum wage. What has your lawyer suggested regarding this? Are you including an LOE or something similar to explain the circumstances?

Good luck.

Reactions: Prabh1997

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019

IRCC looks at the job duties / responsibilities and not at the position name. So from that perspective, you should be fine.

The one potential issue is that IRCC will sometimes challenge if you were really doing a supervisory role if you were only being paid minimum wage. What has your lawyer suggested regarding this? Are you including an LOE or something similar to explain the circumstances?

Good luck.

Good luck.
Yes the work experience is in canada at a convenience store. My lawyer says that my NOC does not have a wage requirement so they cannot reject on that basis. The one thing he is also concerned about is that if an inquiry happens and the visa officer calls my employer he will say it was cashier job with all the responsibilities. The visa officer can make that a reason for misrepresentation.That is what I am afraid of right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes the work experience is in canada at a convenience store. My lawyer says that my NOC does not have a wage requirement so they cannot reject on that basis. The one thing he is also concerned about is that if an inquiry happens and the visa officer calls my employer he will say it was cashier job with all the responsibilities. The visa officer can make that a reason for misrepresentation.That is what I am afraid of right now.
We have seen CEC applications refused on this forum due to low wage causing IRCC to say the experience was not NOC A, B or 0. IRCC generally wants to see that you were paid at least the low wage for the NOC you are claiming. Having said that, other applications have been approved where only minimum wage was paid. It's very hard for any of us to say what will happen in your case.

I'm not sure what more you can really do. Sometimes IRCC contacts the employer and sometimes they don't. Unfortunately this isn't something you can control.

Reactions: Prabh1997

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019
We have seen CEC applications refused on this forum due to low wage causing IRCC to say the experience was not NOC A, B or 0. IRCC generally wants to see that you were paid at least the low wage for the NOC you are claiming. Having said that, other applications have been approved where only minimum wage was paid. It's very hard for any of us to say what will happen in your case.

I'm not sure what more you can really do. Sometimes IRCC contacts the employer and sometimes they don't. Unfortunately this isn't something you can control.
The NOC am going for is B (6211) online it says that this code does not have a wage requirement. However the average wage is 18$. Can a file be rejected because i was not paid enough. even though the NOC code does not have this requirement? This has been a really unfortunate situation I appreciate your help!