+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer ready to file for work permit but don't want to add it to my PR application

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Currently, I am waiting for an ITA with crs of 476.

My existing employer in US is ready to file for work permit for Canada and they know that I will be applying for a PR individually. Hence I have a few questions

1. Is it OK if I keep both the applications separate (my preference)? The reason I want to keep both the application separate is because I read that the job offer has to be valid for one year. So I am assuming that I have to be with the company for one year. Is it true?
2. Based on my score, if I file my PR first and then if the company files for work permit, do I need to provide my company any details regarding my PR application? I want to keep both the applications separate because I fear that quitting the company before one year might void my approved Permanent Residency. Is my fear valid?
3. Let's say that I add approved LMIA at a later point of time to my current application once it has been submitted. What are the repercussions if I leave my employer within one year of my PR approval?

Last edited: