+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer on application for open work permit for partner

dbdbdb

Jun 3, 2013
I am applying for a work permit (not an open work permit), and it is my understanding that my common law spouse is elligible for an open work permit. I am therefore filling out the form "Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295)" for her. The form seems to require that I put the address of her future employer.

The problem is she does not have an employer (yet). We are applying for the work permit simply so that she can work at some point in the future if she wants to/finds a job.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Put "na" in this field?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dbdbdb said:
I am applying for a work permit (not an open work permit), and it is my understanding that my common law spouse is elligible for an open work permit. I am therefore filling out the form "Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295)" for her. The form seems to require that I put the address of her future employer.

The problem is she does not have an employer (yet). We are applying for the work permit simply so that she can work at some point in the future if she wants to/finds a job.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Put "na" in this field?
NA