+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer letter for visitor visa

ghazale96

Apr 18, 2022
Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me fill in the salary part of the employer letter, my salary is not fixed and is based on the days of the month and the extra hours that I work it varies. what I should do?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me fill in the salary part of the employer letter, my salary is not fixed and is based on the days of the month and the extra hours that I work it varies. what I should do?
Use an average mentioning being paid hourly and number of hours normally worked.

Reactions: ghazale96

ghazale96

Apr 18, 2022
1-I don't exactly know the average hourly payment in my salary its like if the month is 30 days less than a month with 31 days and it really depends on the overtime shifts but it is not clear in my paystub. Should I write a separate letter of explanation to the officer and tell them what I did and how I wrote my income?

2-Another question that I have is that I kind of got confused with the start point of applying for visitor visa, should I apply with GCkey or from an IRCC account?

3- I don't know how to fill the part which asks about how much money I have to stay in Canada?? since my mother in my home country and my sister in Canada are going to financially support me and I myself only have the money for staying for one month in Canada.

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
1-I don't exactly know the average hourly payment in my salary its like if the month is 30 days less than a month with 31 days and it really depends on the overtime shifts but it is not clear in my paystub. Should I write a separate letter of explanation to the officer and tell them what I did and how I wrote my income?

2-Another question that I have is that I kind of got confused with the start point of applying for visitor visa, should I apply with GCkey or from an IRCC account?

3- I don't know how to fill the part which asks about how much money I have to stay in Canada?? since my mother in my home country and my sister in Canada are going to financially support me and I myself only have the money for staying for one month in Canada.
1- I imagine you are paid a base salary either on an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, use what ever that figure is and come up with a monthly wage.

2-https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/section-129.html

3-They want to know how much YOU have for your trip, your relatives money isn't taken into consideration. If you will be staying with your sister get a letter of support from her to that effect saying that and she will pay for your expenses while here. That should lessen the $$ you have to show. On the app I would only indicate a stay of 2 weeks not a month. Once you get the visa you can change your plans and stay longer unless CBSA says it is only for xxxx amount of time when you enter Canada.

Reactions: ghazale96

ghazale96

Apr 18, 2022
Does a joint bank account with my mother count?
Since I am single I don't know if it is going to be a problem forthe tie letter.