+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer form - International student stream

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
Employer Job Offer: international student stream

My Status:
- Graduated from two years diploma program
- Currently working in Ontario for 1 year on postgraduate work permit

I was under the impression that it will simple process to apply for this stream as one just need to submit job offer letter and Employer Form. And I was so hopeful that employer won't be having issue to provide me the signed Employer Form. Because I assume(after reading the provided guides on OINP website) under this stream there is very less chance that OINP with request for additional supporting documents.

But when I discussed it with my employer they refused to support me and provide the Employer Form. Because they are not willing to participate in this program and reluctant what if OINP ask for additional documents. This is one of the well known and big multinational company in Canada based in Ontario with over 1000 employees.

All the time high management talk about that how they value their employees and support them. But I'm totally shocked and worried now what should I do. There are couple of things which I'm thinking as mentioned below..

1. I'm thinking to arrange another meeting with HR and involve VP of HR and try to convince them
2. If point 1 above doesn't work I'm thinking to ask them to provide me with Employer Form and lets sign some kind of bond or legal document that if OINP ask for additional supporting documents from employer then I'll withdraw my OINP application.

I know I sound little desperate as my postgraduate work permit is going to expire in October 2019 and I can apply for OINP within two years after graduation. And this date also coming in October 2019.Applying under this stream seems like the only option to me as my CRS points as not enough to fall under express entry.

I'm asking you guys please give your feedback, suggestion or advice from your experience what I should be doing.

Thanks

KNG9

Jun 4, 2019
Hey there,

I just want to check in with your situation. How is everything going?

I think it's horrible that a big Canadian company isn't willing to help you. What company are you working for?

Reactions: Ravi saab

6aryuh0m3

Oct 24, 2020

My Status:

I was under the impression that it will simple process to apply for this stream as one just need to submit job offer letter and Employer Form. And I was so hopeful that employer won't be having issue to provide me the signed Employer Form. Because I assume(after reading the provided guides on OINP website) under this stream there is very less chance that OINP with request for additional supporting documents.

But when I discussed it with my employer they refused to support me and provide the Employer Form. Because they are not willing to participate in this program and reluctant what if OINP ask for additional documents. This is one of the well known and big multinational company in Canada based in Ontario with over 1000 employees.

All the time high management talk about that how they value their employees and support them. But I'm totally shocked and worried now what should I do. There are couple of things which I'm thinking as mentioned below..

1. I'm thinking to arrange another meeting with HR and involve VP of HR and try to convince them
2. If point 1 above doesn't work I'm thinking to ask them to provide me with Employer Form and lets sign some kind of bond or legal document that if OINP ask for additional supporting documents from employer then I'll withdraw my OINP application.

I know I sound little desperate as my postgraduate work permit is going to expire in October 2019 and I can apply for OINP within two years after graduation. And this date also coming in October 2019.Applying under this stream seems like the only option to me as my CRS points as not enough to fall under express entry.

I'm asking you guys please give your feedback, suggestion or advice from your experience what I should be doing.

Thanks
Hi there, just want to check if were able to convince ur employer? Thank u.

arun kumar kannuru

May 26, 2020

My Status:

Thanks
any update?