+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer does not want to receive notice of resignation

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Please help. What happens if the employer does not want to receive the notice of resignation? Would an email suffice, but still without acknowledgement from them? Thank you...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you in Canada and giving notice to/resigning from your current job?

Regdor said:
Please help. What happens if the employer does not want to receive the notice of resignation? Would an email suffice, but still without acknowledgement from them? Thank you...

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Sir, if I resign then apply for new work permit, my existing employer threatens to report me to Service Canada. I'm wondering for what ground? I mean if I serve the two weeks notice as contained in the Contract. After all i wouldn't work while my work permit application is on process. I just want to get some rest from work while waiting for my new WP. What would be my status then? Would I be violating any Canadian laws?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Up to when is your current work permit valid?

Regdor said:
Sir, if I resign then apply for new work permit, my existing employer threatens to report me to Service Canada. I'm wondering for what ground? I mean if I serve the two weeks notice as contained in the Contract. After all i wouldn't work while my work permit application is on process. I just want to get some rest from work while waiting for my new WP. What would be my status then? Would I be violating any Canadian laws?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Sir, it's valid until January 2013. I have just started working with my present employer but some things as discussed didn't work out well.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If the employer is not holding up to what's stated on the contract then you have actually have grounds for a complaint. Anyway you can stay legally for the validity of your work permit and if you already found a new employer and a LMO is in process then you can wait out the time but you can't work for the "other" new employer till you have work permit for them.

Regdor said:
Sir, it's valid until January 2013. I have just started working with my present employer but some things as discussed didn't work out well.

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
I see. Thank you sir. But, what happens if the existing employer reports to SC my resignation? Will it affect my application for new work permit? (I already have the LMO few weeks back).. My work permit (existing) is still valid til Jan. 2013 but my visa is expired already. Would that be okay?

What could be the best means communication that I could do that would prove I have resigned already when he in fact does not want to receive the letter? Thank you again job_seeker

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
An email cc your email address and a registered mail with signature. No it won't affect your application.

Regdor said:
I see. Thank you sir. But, what happens if the existing employer reports to SC my resignation? Will it affect my application for new work permit? (I already have the LMO few weeks back).. My work permit (existing) is still valid til Jan. 2013 but my visa is expired already. Would that be okay?

What could be the best means communication that I could do that would prove I have resigned already when he in fact does not want to receive the letter? Thank you again job_seeker