+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer copy pasted NOC duties...

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Guys,

I think I am going crazy. My NOC is very specific - Accounting technician and my employer copy pasted duties from the government website with some minor changes on the reference letter...Do you think this could be a problem? I already submitted my application.
I though it wouldn't make a difference as long as its legit and can be easily verified as I work for a big public chartered accounting firm in Canada, but after reading other people's opinions on it, i have become so anxious...Any thought?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
Guys,

I think I am going crazy. My NOC is very specific - Accounting technician and my employer copy pasted duties from the government website with some minor changes on the reference letter...Do you think this could be a problem? I already submitted my application.
I though it wouldn't make a difference as long as its legit and can be easily verified as I work for a big public chartered accounting firm in Canada, but after reading other people's opinions on it, i have become so anxious...Any thought?
In the past under paper based applications copy pasted NOC duties were rejected regardless of which company wrote the reference letter as this made CIC highly suspicious about the work experience in question.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Anya654 said:
In the past under paper based applications copy pasted NOC duties were rejected regardless of which company wrote the reference letter as this made CIC highly suspicious about the work experience in question.
Didn't you check the letter before submitting? Since you have submitted the application. The only way now is to submit a CSE with a fresh job letter with more apt job duties and also stating that you intend to replace your job reference letter.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Anya654 said:
I think CIC should be suspicious regardless the copied duties or paraphrased. Anyone inside of Canada has the same experience?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
cartwright said:
Didn't you check the letter before submitting? Since you have submitted the application. The only way now is to submit a CSE with a fresh job letter with more apt job duties and also stating that you intend to replace your job reference letter.
I did. HRSDC website is created for employers' reference in Canada that's why I wasn't worried? Besides i checked other job postings for my position and thats how they are advertised..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
I did. HRSDC website is created for employers' reference in Canada that's why I wasn't worried? Besides i checked other job postings for my position and thats how they are advertised..
Perfectly legit for a Canadian firm to take inputs from HRSDC in deciding job responsibilities. That in itself won't cause any problems. CIC will have reasons to be suspicious if an organization on the other side of the planet had the exact same job responsibilities as defined by HRSDC.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Perfectly legit for a Canadian firm to take inputs from HRSDC in deciding job responsibilities. That in itself won't cause any problems. CIC will have reasons to be suspicious if an organization on the other side of the planet had the exact same job responsibilities as defined by HRSDC.
Thanks. Thats what I thought... i am going NUTS here cause of this :D

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
But seniors... I don't think we can do major changings for roles and responsibilities...suppose i have NOC -2281.( computer network technician) ..and we do same as its described..so how can i deny things which r same to NOC ...
Any suggestion please regarding change of format??
Have a good day

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
$unn¥123 said:
But seniors... I don't think we can do major changings for roles and responsibilities...suppose i have NOC -2281.( computer network technician) ..and we do same as its described..so how can i deny things which r same to NOC ...
Any suggestion please regarding change of format??
Have a good day
There was a bulletin issued in 2009 in regards to how to process FSW category specifically and it said that copying NOC duties should be alarming to the VO. But the bulletin has expired now. Nothing same was issued for CEC category at that time. SO, I thing as long as you obtained your work experience IN Canada and your NOC is very specific to duties that you perform, we should be good. I think...
Cause my NOC is very specific and there is nothing to add or remove.

Reactions: hyjkvvv

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm...u mean main important things is covering the TASKS....in reference letter?. ..i cant change any duty all i performed are same as my NOcC thats how we define NOC...acc. To our duties..
Anyhow ur thoughts are appreciated...

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Anya654 said:

Even though you have been rude to me in the past, I will answer your concern.
Ussualy when somebody produces a letter with the same job description as the one listed in the NOC the officer has to to do a second review in the veracity of the job duties as it is a red flag copying and pasting from the NOC. The expired operational bulletin is part of the operational procedures and still applies.
Applicants have been refused due to this situation in the past or asked for clarification, as the way EE PR applications are currently processed, the officer takes a decision based in the documents submited and rarely requests for clarification.
I honestly hope this is not the case for you.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Susana...
My NOC is 2281 (computer Network admin) and i do most of the duties listed in NOC...so what u suggest to how can i described in my experience letter? Should i change little bit wording of sentences but with same Duties?
Kindly advise as Tomorrow i am going to my HR for letter..
Hoping for favourable advice from u..

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
$unn¥123 said:
Susana...
My NOC is 2281 (computer Network admin) and i do most of the duties listed in NOC...so what u suggest to how can i described in my experience letter? Should i change little bit wording of sentences but with same Duties?
Kindly advise as Tomorrow i am going to my HR for letter..
Hoping for favourable advice from u..
Use the ones listed on the website as reference but rephrase them so that they aren't copy paste. Remember the duties listed on website are for reference only not to be copied as is. Sometimes your job may or may not entail all the duties listed on the site and that is perfectly fine as long as you can demonstrate most of them on your letter.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Taking inputs is one thing but I believe the OP is worried about exact copy paste of what's stated on the HSRDC website and that is surely going to raise red flags.