+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employee pre-screening

raju atluri

Feb 8, 2024
Hi,

(For a nomination certificate to be issued under this category, both the employer and the international student must submit an application to show that eligibility requirements are met. Eligible employers are required to first submit a Pre-screen Application to OINP to have the position they want to fill approved. If the OINP approves this application, the prospective nominee (the international student the employer is seeking to recruit), must submit a Nominee Application within 60 days of the approval of the Pre-screen Application )

I have gone through this in one of the forums posted on canadavisa.

IS it mandatory for the employer to go through the pre-screening in order to fill out employer form for the person who is invited from the OINP-employee job offer:international student stream.

I have applied for EOI on nov 22nd and got invitation on feb 8th.

Any leads would be appreciated?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

(For a nomination certificate to be issued under this category, both the employer and the international student must submit an application to show that eligibility requirements are met. Eligible employers are required to first submit a Pre-screen Application to OINP to have the position they want to fill approved. If the OINP approves this application, the prospective nominee (the international student the employer is seeking to recruit), must submit a Nominee Application within 60 days of the approval of the Pre-screen Application )

I have gone through this in one of the forums posted on canadavisa.

IS it mandatory for the employer to go through the pre-screening in order to fill out employer form for the person who is invited from the OINP-employee job offer:international student stream.

I have applied for EOI on nov 22nd and got invitation on feb 8th.

Any leads would be appreciated?
Your employer must fill out the mandatory employer form to support your nomination. If they don’t and they have no obligation to do so then you decline. If they do then once nominated, you apply through IRCC for PR.