+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employee letter not very detailed

webrahul

Apr 23, 2013
So i finally got a letter from my employer, I have been working with a financial institution for almost a year now, this is what the letter looks like :

This information has been provided in accordance with the privacy act(PIPEDA)

This letter will serve as a confirmation that MrXXX is employed by XYZ bank since September 2012 to present date. The current position he holds is a outbound banking representative, working 37.5 hours a week, earning a annual salary of $0000. He is responsible for proactively contacting clients and addressing banking needs over the phone. His duties incluse opening deposit accounts, performing account maintenance and providing financial advise.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Sincerely,

Manager
XXXXX

Please share your opinions if this letter will be good enough to apply under NOC 6235

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
The document checklist sets the minimum requirements for reference letters.
Please refer to the checklist and see if all required information is mentioned in your letter.

As for the duties, they could be more detailed.

webrahul

Apr 23, 2013
Hi thanks for replying,

Everything else is perfect, except that I am not sure about the duties part, this is what they gave, I am not sure if they would be willing to do more :(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
webrahul said:
Hi thanks for replying,

Everything else is perfect, except that I am not sure about the duties part, this is what they gave, I am not sure if they would be willing to do more :(
Ask them. If HR is not able to provide you with a more detailed letter, maybe a supervisor would
be able to write up a letter with your duties?

webrahul

Apr 23, 2013
Thats what happened and my manager has given me this letter. Do they ask for more details/ call the manger or they just reject it? Because its not very detailed

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
webrahul said:
Thats what happened and my manager has given me this letter. Do they ask for more details/ call the manger or they just reject it? Because its not very detailed
I don't know. Try to get a more detailed letter. If you can't get one, applying with that
letter is your best bet.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
webrahul said:
Thanks a lot, do u know how long will they take to decide? And if they donot approve , can I reapply?
You can re-apply for sure. But in case they reject your application based on the letter
you provided you will need a new letter.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
webrahul said:
Thanks a lot, do u know how long will they take to decide? And if they donot approve , can I reapply?
unfortunately if they reject, you will know may be in 4-6 months later, sadly that is a long wait for a rejection.
Try to talk to your employer about the duties part of the letter.

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
No this is not sufficient. Letter should have your duties. If your HR can not provide that then create a self explanatory letter and submit this along with the letter given by HR. Also dont forget to attach your offer letter on the safer side.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
webrahul said:
So i finally got a letter from my employer, I have been working with a financial institution for almost a year now, this is what the letter looks like :

This information has been provided in accordance with the privacy act(PIPEDA)

This letter will serve as a confirmation that MrXXX is employed by XYZ bank since September 2012 to present date. The current position he holds is a outbound banking representative, working 37.5 hours a week, earning a annual salary of $0000. He is responsible for proactively contacting clients and addressing banking needs over the phone. His duties incluse opening deposit accounts, performing account maintenance and providing financial advise.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Sincerely,

Manager
XXXXX

Please share your opinions if this letter will be good enough to apply under NOC 6235
try to persuade them to write detailed job letter. if u didn't succeed, u might as well print out ur job description from ur company website and attach it together with the one they provided with a written explanation. I did that in my own case and it worked :) :).

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ujbaby said:
try to persuade them to write detailed job letter. if u didn't succeed, u might as well print out ur job description from ur company website and attach it together with the one they provided with a written explanation. I did that in my own case and it worked :) :).

Glad it worked for you. However, there is no guarantee that it will be successful for other applicants.
That's why you're totally right, try to get an updated and more detailed letter. If that fails,
get a letter from a supervisor, print job description, maybe job offer, whatever you have and send all that
documentation along with an explanation letter to CIC.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
iam_toby said:
Glad it worked for you. However, there is no guarantee that it will be successful for other applicants.
That's why you're totally right, try to get an updated and more detailed letter. If that fails,
get a letter from a supervisor, print job description, maybe job offer, whatever you have and send all that
documentation along with an explanation letter to CIC.
well it worked for me. it should be one or more reasons: I am a nurse and everyone knows the duties of nurses. Also my job is regulated. my employer mentioned only 3 nursing duties but made it clear in the letter that I am not limited to those duties. so I printed out a detailed job descriptions from our website and attached written explanation saying that according to College of nurses of Ontario nursing standards, nurses must perform all those duties while on assignments. I fought with my employer about the job duties but she refused to provide details saying that I am good with what she provided so I was left with no choice but to print out job descriptions and explained to cic. . so, it all depends but I still advice the op to try this method if he don't have any other option.

webrahul

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks all of you for your input, I did send an email and now i'm waiting for a reply. The problem is that my job offer letter or job posting are not detailed either .