+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency visa

chauhanak

Dec 26, 2020
Hello, I am on study permit and my visa stamp got expired, my father passed away in India 2 days back and in emergency i have to go there, but my canadian visa is expired, so is there any emergency way or fast way i can get canada trv, so that while coming back to canada, there won’t be any problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So sorry for your loss. There is no emergency visitor visa as you are leaving the country. When does your visa expire? Once you leave Canada, you must apply from outside the country and processing is many months. Your application would not be expedited.

chauhanak

Dec 26, 2020
So sorry for your loss. There is no emergency visitor visa as you are leaving the country. When does your visa expire? Once you leave Canada, you must apply from outside the country and processing is many months. Your application would not be expedited.
My visa is already expired as i extended my study permit and didn’t extended my visa, so if i leave canada and at the time of returning, if i show study permit and document related to my urgent visit, will they accept it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My visa is already expired as i extended my study permit and didn’t extended my visa, so if i leave canada and at the time of returning, if i show study permit and document related to my urgent visit, will they accept it?
Unfortunately no. A study permit is not a TRV. Once you leave Canada you will have to apply for one outside Canada. Processing within Canada is 60+ days.

Last edited:

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Be very careful, it's much better to apply for your TRV within Canada than from outside.

Get it before you go.

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father, but trust me on this, don't leave without the TRV.

When you apply for your TRV, write a cover letter explaining the urgent nature of your application for TRV because you need to travel because of your father's passing.