+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Situation

Ashray

Nov 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I am in kind of a emergency situation.

Around 2 months ago I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit and until this date it is under processing. While studying college I bought my wife on student dependent visa with open work permit. Both mine and my spouse's status are expiring this November 30, 2018.

As my Post Graduate Work Permit is under processing and if I don't receive it before November 30.

1) What should I do to extend my wife's status after November?

2) Under what visa should I apply for extension?

Please assist me in getting through this. I will be more than happy to hear any suggestions and advises.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I am in kind of a emergency situation.

Around 2 months ago I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit and until this date it is under processing. While studying college I bought my wife on student dependent visa with open work permit. Both mine and my spouse's status are expiring this November 30, 2018.

As my Post Graduate Work Permit is under processing and if I don't receive it before November 30.

1) What should I do to extend my wife's status after November?

2) Under what visa should I apply for extension?

Please assist me in getting through this. I will be more than happy to hear any suggestions and advises.

Thanks
If you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 job, your wife can apply to extend her open work permit. You will need to provide proof that you have a skilled job and will need to include at least three pay stubs with the application. If you don't have a skilled job, then she would need to change her status to visitor and stop working.

Reactions: Ashray

Ashray

Nov 22, 2016
If you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 job, your wife can apply to extend her open work permit. You will need to provide proof that you have a skilled job and will need to include at least three pay stubs with the application. If you don't have a skilled job, then she would need to change her status to visitor and stop working.

Thanks for the response.

This November 30 my wife's status expires. On the other hand, if I don't receive my post graduate work permit before november 30 to use as a supporting document to extend her status, then under what category should I apply for my wife's status extension??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife will have to stop working and switch to visitor status. Once you receive PGWP have a job in NOC A, B or 0 an 3 pay stubs you can apply for her SOWP.